Lankojärvi Reservable Wilderness Hut
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Terms of reservation for the Lankojärvi reservable hut.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä, Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Lankojärvi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 18.5374' lon: 27° 48.8260' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7577532 E: 533564
- The wilderness hut is situated west of Lake Lankojärvi by the River Suomujoki.
- The closest huts are the Porttikoski open wilderness hut, the Suomunruoktu open and reservable wilderness hut, the Kuusela rental hut, and the Rautulampi day trip hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (pdf 659kt). The distance from Kiilopää is ca. 17 km, from Saariselkä ca. 30 km, and from Lake Aittajärvi ca. 17 km.
- Urho Kekkonen National Park map
- From the March to September is possible to stay in the hut maximum two nights in a row and from October to February maximum 7 nights in a row.
- Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
The customer shall have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation along in order to show proof of reservation and its payment.
- Two-tiered sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- There's no lighting in the hut, please bring your own candles.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed
- Drinking water can be collected from the River Suomujoki.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Suomujoki at Aitaoja, Kotaköngäs, and Porttikoski and by the River Luttojoki at Raja-Jooseppi.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- There is a recycling point at the reservable wilderness hut. Hikers are however adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.
The booking calendar
By checking the booking calendar of the huts (eraluvat.fi) you can see the availability beforehand. Bookings: Saariselkä Customer Service Kiehinen, tel. +358 206 39 7200 or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi.
Due to the serious Covid-situation Regional State Administrative Agency in Lappland has made decisions on restrictions. Metsähallitus limits the number of visitors to 6 (at huts that normally have room for over 8 persons), but the reduction will not appear in the booking calendar! Huts may be booked full for one group. The restriction is valid until May 31, 2022.