Things to Do and See in Yllästunturi Visitor Centre Kellokas
- Meän Elämää (Our Life) exhibition highlights the villages bordering the Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park, the streams that have their sources in the fells, the forests, mires, meadows, and the Tornion-Muonionjoki River. These are the sources from which all life in the area has developed. Read more.
- Life of the Brown Trout is an exhibition telling the story of this endangered species.
- Nature spotting! Exhibition leads visitors to nature.
- Gallery Kellokas is an art gallery maintained by the The Artists' Association of Lapland (lapintaiteilijaseura.fi). The gallery has temporary exhibitions.
- Our Gallery is an exhibition space maintained by Metsähallitus. The gallery has temporary exhibitions.
- On the Outsider Art Yard, there are sculptures by Lappish artists along a trail encircling the Visitor Centre.
- The Logging Museum introduces the history of logging in the region.
Guided Group Tours
Cooperating entrepreneurs of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park organize guided tours in the park area.
Films at the Auditorium
Following films (free entrance) about the national park and the surrounding areas are shown at the Kellokas Auditorium:
- Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park (20 min.)
Short film about the nature of the National Park.
Under the Northern Lights (12 min.)
A video of a trip to Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park tells about hiking at night, all the necessary equipment and the northern lights.
- By the River (17 min.)
Short film about the corgeous nature along the Torne River, the colorful people and water drops that form the River, a real stream.
- Fells - The Blue Landscape of Ylläs (10 min.)
Presentation of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park, which protects a unique chain of fells stretching 100 kilometres from Yllästunturi fells to Ounastunturi fells.
- Winter Comes in Colors (15 min.)
Film about Aurora Borealis. Filmed in the Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park during the nights from August till March.
Also, Kino Kellokas, the movie theatre of Kolari, shows movies in Kellokas Sali. For the movies and schedules go to the Kino Kellokas Facebook page (facebook.com, in Finnish).
Library and Reading Room
Library is the lounge of the visitors and locals in Ylläs. In addition to papers, magazines, and nature books, there is plentiful information on local history, meeting opportunities, spectacular views and much more.