Services in Puurijärvi and Isosuo National Park
Customer Service and Guidance
- Tel. int. +358 206 39 4620
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, where to Buy and Prepare
Cafés, Restaurants and Catering Services
- In the National Park area, there are no cafés, restaurants or shops. The nearest shops are located about 7 km from the park in the town of Huittinen (huittinen.fi).
- Information about catering services can be found on the webpages of the towns of Kokemäki (kokemaki.fi), Huittinen (huittinen.fi) and Sastamala (sastamala.fi)
There are a campfire site in the National Park on the bank of Ala-Kauvatsanjoki River. There are table and benches at the campfire site.
Please note that there are no firewood at the campfire site.
Please note that lighting campfires is also forbidden at campfire sites if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a shelter and a flue.
- There is drinking water available in the nature information hut.
- There are no waste-bins in the forest. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Take all other waste out of the area.
- Read more about Hiking without Littering.
There are dry toilets on the parking areas of Kärjenkallio and Isosuo, and near the campfire site by Ala-Kauvatsanjoki River.
- Camping out temporarily is allowed in the vicinity of Ala-Kouvatsanjoki campfire site.
About lodging in the surrounding area, ask in the towns of Huittinen (huittinen.fi), Kokemäki (kokemaki.fi) and Sastamala (sastamala.fi)
- The beginning of the trail leading from Kärjenkallio parking area to the bird watching tower is accessible. At the end of the easy to travel portion of the trail there is a lookout platform. The lookout platform is 400 m from the parking area. There is an accessible toilet at Kärjenkallio parking area.
Services for Boaters
There are boat stages by the campfire place along the river Ala-Kauvatsanjoki.
Other Services in the Surrounding Areas
- Nearest places for more services are located in Huittinen (huittinen.fi), Kokemäki (kokemaki.fi) and Sastamala (sastamala.fi)
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.
Gathering at the campfire sites increases the risk of coronavirus infection. Guidelines concerning coronavirus COVID-19.
Finnish Nature Centre Haltia, tel. +358 40 163 6200, info(at)haltia.com
Metsähallitus customer service spatial planners
Southeast Finland: Pekka Koponen, tel. +358 206394238
The Metropolitan area: Liisa Neuvonen, tel. +358 206394638
Western Uusimaa: Anne Muuri, tel. +358 206394708
Southwest Finland: Laura Lehtonen, tel.+358 206394659
Kvarken, Southern and Central Ostrobothnia: Tuija Warén, tel.+358 206395282
Satakunta: Marjo Kekki, tel.+358 206394266
Email address: first name.last name (at)metsa.fi