Visit Teijo Nature Centre
Opening Hours in 2019
Nature Centre is closed. Thank you for the season 2018!
Telephone: +358 (0)44 330 0082
Open for groups, from order.
Teijo Nature Centre:
Address: Matildanjärventie 84, 25660 Mathildedal (Salo), Finland
Telephone: +358 (0)10 292 4032
Telephone: +358 (0)206 39 4700
Directions and Maps
- Teijo National Park is located by a road (road 1824), which runs from the town of Salo towards Kemiö along the shoreline. There are signposts directing visitors from the road to Kirjakkala and Lake Matildanjärvi, where the Nature Centre is located.
- Visitors can also get to the Nature Centre from the Tammisaari - Salo road (road 52). Turn onto the road to Kemiö (road 183) at Perniö and follow the signposts to Mathildedal.
By Public Transportation
- Coaches come to Teijo from Salo and Perniö only during school year. You can get to Salo by coach (matkahuolto.fi) or train (vr.fi), and to Perniö by coach (matkahuolto.fi).
- Coaches (vainionliikenne.fi)from Salo to Teijo, the route is Salo - Perniö - Teijo - Salo.
- The closest stop is 1 km from the Nature Centre in Mathildedal at the Lake Matildanjärvi intersection.
- During summer the closest stop you can reach by coach is about 6 km from the centre.
- One alternative is a local taxi service. Telephone: + 358 2736 6410.
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Teijo (journey.fi)
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.