Services Offered by Enterprises in Salla
Liminganlahti Nature Centre is closed 1.1.-4.2.2022. The Finnish Nature Centre Haltia is closed 10.1.–1.2.2022. Koli Nature Centre Ukko is closed 1.1.–20.2.2022. Kuusamo Customer Service Karhuntassu is closed 13.1.–31.1.2022.
In other nature centers in Finland, we require the use of a facial mask and keeping the 2 meter distance to other visitors. In addition, there may be requirements to show the Covid pass, and/or the number of visitors can be limited. More information Nature centers. The length of the restrictions depends on the region. More regional information can be found at the Finnish institute for health and welfare website.
The following companies and other partners offer their services in Salla. They have signed a co-operation agreement with Metsähallitus and observe the principles of sustainable nature tourism (metsa.fi) when operating in nature reserves.
Salla Wilderness Park (sallawildernesspark.fi)
- Tourism activities, café, Metsähallitus nature exhibition
Sallatunturin tuvat, Arctic Circle Safaris (sallatunturi.fi)
- Snowmobiling, hiking, cycling
- Cafe and restaurant
- A meeting room and services, sales of accommodation in cabins
Tourist entrepreneurs operating in national parks or other areas managed by Metsähallitus need a cooperation agreement. A fee is charged for using the routes and service infrastructure for business activities.
- See Cooperation with nature tourism business (metsa.fi).
- Usage fees are paid in the Eräluvat online store (eraluvat.fi)
- Contact form for entrepreneurs (webropol.com).
- Metsähallitus organizes study trips and training for co-entrepreneurs.