Instructions and Rules in Sanginjoki
In Sanginjoki, the following are
- Walking, skiing, rowing and canoeing.
- Picking berries and edible mushrooms.
- Temporary camping at rest spots.
- Angling and ice fishing, except in the separate restricted areas.
- Lighting campfires is only allowed at designated sites.
- Fishing is allowed with the required permits only.
- The lighting of campfires, even at the campfire sites, when a forest fire warning is in effect.
- Damaging the soil or bedrock.
- Driving a motor vehicle, except along the designated roads.
- Leaving litter in the area and damaging the structures.
- Letting dogs run free.
Mobile Phone Coverage
- Although Finland has a broad network for mobile phones, there are some areas in the park where cliffs or forest block signals. There may also be some smaller spots where there is interference. If this happens try to climb to a higher place or go into an open area. It may be worth removing the SIM card from your phone and then trying again to make emergency call. Different phones also differ in their coverage.
- We recommend that you keep your mobile phone warm at all times and take along food and drink. Certain phone models do not work when the temperature falls below zero. You should therefore let someone know your planned route. To keep your mobile phone charged, bring along a spare power source, a spare battery or an old phone with a working battery.
Equipment and Safety
- If you face an emergency on your hike, e.g. get lost, get injured or observe wildfire, call 112 and report an emergency. More information on how to act in an emergency.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Hiking in Finland:
Read more about Finland's outdoor etiquette.
112 Emergency Number
If you have an emergency during your trip, such as getting lost, injured or finding a wildfire, call 112. Read more detailed emergency instructions.
Download the 112 Finland application (112.fi) to your phone. When an emergency call is made through the 112 Finland application, the emergency centre attendant is automatically informed of the caller's location.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.