Laajalahti Nature Reserve Directions and Maps
Laajalahti Nature Reserve is located in close vicinity of Ring Road 1 and Turunväylä main road.
- There are signs to the parking area at Villa Elfvik which is at the north end of the nature reserve on Ring Road 1 to the south of Turunväylä main road.
- At Otaniemi at the south end of the nature reserve there is no parking area.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
- The north end of Laajalahti Nature Reserve is easily accessible by public transportation. It is about a 1 km walk from the closest bus stops to Villa Elfvik.
- Local buses which travel on Ring Road 1 are 550 and 555 (www.hsl.fi).
- Local bus which travel on Turunväylä is 213 (www.hsl.fi).
- If you are going to Otaniemi at the south end of the nature reserve it is easiest to take Metro (www.hsl.fi) from Helsinki or Tapiola.
- HSL transportation route guide (reittiopas.fi)
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Laajalahti (www.journey.fi)
Starting Points for Excursions
- The nature reserves only parking area is located at the north end of the reserve by Elfvikintie road (Espoo).
- More precise parking area address is not available.
- Starting Points for Trails
- Excursionmap.fi of Metsähallitus
- National Land Survey of Finland map service (www.maanmittauslaitos.fi)
- Helsinki Metropolitan cycling and outdoormap (www.ulkoilukartta.fi)
Laajalahti Nature Reserve is quite small and the trails in the area are well-marked. The area's brochure is often guide enough to find ones way around.
- Terrain map L413, 1:50 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Maastokartta: Terrain map no 2034 03, 1: 20 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Helsinki area telephone book map 50 - Boxes DC and DD, 77 and 78.
- Uusimaa tiekartta: Uusimaa Road Map, 1:150 000, 2011. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- GT tiekartta Etelä-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland South, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.