Services in Näränkä
Customer Service and Guidance
- Hossa Visitor Centre
- keys for the Näränkä Wilderness Farm, hiking information and maps
- Oulanka Visitor Centre
- hiking information and maps
Services offered by enterprises and other organisations in Näränkä
Following enterprises and other organisations offer services in Näränkä. They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism (metsa.fi) when operating in protected areas.
- Jussin matkailu (jussinmatkailu.fi)
- Rental cabins, conference room
- Kuusamo Bird Tours (kuusamonaturephotography.fi)
- Guided excursions: bird watching and nature photographing
- Nature photography courses
- Ravintola Talonpöytä Restaurant (talonpoyta.fi)
- Restaurant and café services in Kuusamo city centre and in Oulanka Visitor Centre
- Reserved catering and meals in the terrain
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
Cafés and Restaurants
- In Teeriranta, on the Murtovaara - Hossa road, there is a summer restaurant.
- In the village of Hossa, roughly 15-20 km south of the protected area, there are several restaurant services available.
- Campfire site, Näränkä Wilderness Farm
- Campfire site, Suojärvi Parking Area
- Peurojärvi lean-to shelter, Peurojärvi
- Näränkä well
- The use of natural water is at your own risk. We recommend that surface waters be cleaned before use.
There are no waste-bins in the park. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Read more about Hiking without littering.
The dry toilets in the area are located as follows:
- At Näränkä Wilderness Farm
- At the Suojärvi parking area
- At lean-to shelter in Peurojärvi
Camping and Lean-to Shelter
- Peurojärvi shelter, Lake Peurojärvi
Reservable Wilderness Hut
The main house of the Näränkä Wilderness Farm can be used as a rental cabin. The other buildings in the farmyard are open for all visitors.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
There is a variety of accommodation services around Näränkä. For more information on accommodation contact Tourism and Culture Centre Karhuntassu (karhuntassu.fi) or Suomussalmi Tourist Office (visitsuomussalmi.fi).
Caravans may be parked on the Suojärvi parking area. Please note that the tracks leading to the parking areas are dead ends, and make sure that all travellers have room to pass through and can turn their cars around.
You can contact Tourism and Culture Centre Karhuntassu (karhuntassu.fi) or Suomussalmi Tourist Office (visitsuomussalmi.fi) for more information about equipment Rental in the area.