Services in Seitseminen National Park
Address: Seitsemisentie 110, 34530 Länsi-Aure (Ylöjärvi)
- Nature exhibition, free entrance
- Cafe and restaurant
- Services are offered by a local enterprise
Kovero Crown Tenant Farm
Address: Seitsemisentie 948, Ikaalinen.
The housekeepers will show visitors around in the cottage and talk about life in the old times.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
Cafe of Seitseminen Nature Centre,
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Kulomäki, Nature Centre: a fireplace shelter (with flue)
- Honkaniemi: campfire site
- Kirkaslampi: cooking shelter (with flue)
- Koverolampi: campfire site
- Haukilampi: campfire site
- Jokiristi: campfire site
- Liesijärvi: campfire site and lean-to shelter
- Kirkas-Soljanen: cooking shelter (with flue) and campfire site
- Saari-Soljanen: cooking shelter (with flue) and campfire site
Please note that lighting campfires is also forbidden at campfire sites if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue.
- At the Nature Centre in Kulomäki there is a tap at the wall, on the side where the café is. The tap is not in use in winter.
- There is a well at the parking place of Kovero.
- There is a well at Kirkas-Soljanen.
- There is a well at Pitkäjärvi.
- Water from lakes, rivers and brooks should be purified before drinking, because the quality of water varies.
There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Toilets at the parking places of Nature Centre, Multiharju and Kovero and the toilet of Pitkäjärvi are emptied with suction. Do not put any food waste or other garbage in them. Read more about Hiking without Littering.
In the National Park there are dry toilets near the campfire sites. There are also toilets at Pitkäjärvi Loggers' Cabin and at the parking areas of Kovero Crown Tenant Farm, Nature Centre and Multiharju.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
In Seitseminen National Park there are five free camping sites with campfire site, firewood shelter with an axe, and dry toilet. The camping sites are located at:
There is also a lean-to shelter at Liesijärvi.
Near the National Park there are lean-to shelters at the southern end of Lake Teerilampi and at southern shore of Lake Rysäslampi. The firewood service is not regular here.
In the Nature Centers guesthouse has six cosy rooms for 2 to 4 people.
Caravans and Camper Vans
Staying overnight in a caravans or camper vans is allowed at Kovero and Saari-Soljanen parking areas.
There are three electric parking spaces for caravans at the parking place of Nature Centre. Payment for the space is 15€/24 hours. Reservation from the entrepreneur of Nature Centre. Payment for the electric is made through the eParking mobile app: 1€ starting fee, after that 0,28€/kWh.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
- Enterprises offering lodging services near the national park
- Information on lodging in the surrounding area can be found at Town of Ylöjärvi (visitylojarvi.fi), Ikaalinen (ikaalinen.fi) and Parkano (parkano.fi, in Finnish).
In Seitseminen area there are no great differences in altitude; the terrain is flat, in some places hilly. The Nature Centre and its grounds, surroundings of Kovero and at the east side of nature trail at Multiharju are accessible by wheelchair, with assistance. The portion of Soljanen mire trail which is accessible by wheelchair and baby pram is 0.5 km long. At the trail's starting point there is a special accessible cooking shelter. Additionally there is an accessible toilet. There are accessible toilets also at the Nature Centre and next to Kovero Heritage Farm's parking area.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- In Parkano, about 20 km from Seitseminen, there are services of a town. Also in Kuru, 26 km from Seitseminen, there are all basic services.
- Nearest places to buy fuel are in Parkano and Kuru.