Visit Koli Nature Centre Ukko
Opening hours 2021
24.12.2020 open 10am–2pm
25.–26.12.2020 open 10am–3pm
We reserve the rights to changes.
Please check possible exceptions to opening hours of Café Eväsretket (kalastusretket.fi) and Koli Shop Retkitupa (feelkoli.fi).
Address: Ylä-Kolintie 39, 83960 Koli (Lieksa), Finland
Telephone: +358 40 773 2442
E-mail (general customer service): ukko(at)retkipaikka.fi
E-mail (sales, guidances, conference packages, shop): kauppa(at)retkipaikka.fi
Website: Koli Nature Centre Ukko (ukko.retkipaikka.fi)
- Free of charge services include hiking and tourist information services, the reference library and children's playroom.
- The exhibitions and picture shows are subject to a fee:
- Adults € 6
- children aged 6 – 16 € 3
- Free for children under 6 years of age
- Family ticket € 15
- Group ticket (a min. of 10 persons) € 5 per person
- Guided tour of the exhibition for groups, booked in advance, €50 per group (at most 25 persons per group). Advance bookings are required for guided tours.'
- Museums Card 68 € (museot.fi)
Directions and Maps
Koli Nature Centre Ukko is located on the western shore of Lake Pielinen, approximately 70 kilometres north of Joensuu.
- Koli village is 9 km away from highway no 6 from the direction of Joensuu–Kajaani, and Ukko-Koli, 12 km. Turn onto road 504 from highway 6 by the Kolinportti service station (from Joensuu, take a right turn, from Kajaani, take a left turn). From Koli village, follow the signs to Ukko-Koli.
- Upon your arrival in Ukko-Koli, park your car in the parking area. Continue towards Yläpiha on foot along the road (300 m), climb the steps (150 m) or as a more comfortable option take the complimentary railcar.
- The scenic Rantatie road winds along the shore of Lake Pielinen for almost 20 km in the park area, providing convenient stop-offs at various scenic points along the way, or offering trails such as the Kasken Kierros, Uuron Kierros, or Mäkrä paths. In addition, small unpaved roads wind through the park, providing access to trails and rental huts. Access to the Rantatie road from the direction of Ahveninen-Lieksa: turn right off paved road no 515 onto the unpaved road by the Herajoki sign. From highway 6 Joensuu-Kajaani, turn off in the direction of Ahveninen onto road 515, and then turn left by the Herajoki sign.
By Public Transportation
- A Koli–Joensuu–Koli shuttle taxi carries passengers from door to door (for instance, Nature Centre–Joensuu railway station) at reasonable rates close to public transport prices. Taxi bookings 24 hours in advance, tel. +358 100 9986 (from abroad), 0100 9986 in Finland. Shuttle taxi timetables are posted on the Koli website (koli.fi).
- A ferry service to Koli in summer (koli.fi) from Joensuu, Lieksa, Nurmes and Vuonislahti.
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Koli (opas.matka.fi)
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.