Visit Svartholma Sea Fortress
Opening Hours and Guided Tours
Read more about the schedules and prices of services in Svartholma on Visit Kotka-Hamina. Note! Guided tours on the island, and boat service subject to weather conditions. If in doubt about the weather, please call +348 40 555 3387 to check availability!
- Address of the island: Svartholma Sea Fortress, 07900 Loviisa.
- Google Maps (www.googlemaps.fi)
- WGS 84 60°22′46″N 26°17′56″E
- The Svartholma Sea Fortress is administered by Metsähallitus. The city of Loviisa is responsible for activities on the island, the management of service structures and customer service.
- A notification must be submitted to Metsähallitus of any events organised at the site: instructions and a form (www.metsa.fi, in Finnish)
- Research and other activities not covered by the "Right of Public Access" (also known as "Everyman's rights" in Finland, and the "Right to Roam" in the UK) requires permission from the landowner (instructions and form, www.metsa.fi, in Finnish).
Directions and Maps
Svartholma Sea Fortress is situated in Loviisa in Eastern Uusimaa, about 10 kilometres from the city of Loviisa, i.e. 45 minutes away by boat. For further information on the regular water bus service, cruises and taxi boat services, see Visit Kotka-Hamina website (www.visitkotkahamina.fi).
- Location of the free-of-charge visitors' berth: 60°22,8'N 26°18,1'E (WGS 84 coordinate system). Nautical chart series A, nautical chart 615, harbour number 194.
- Depth of fairway at the visitors' berth: 1.0–3.9 metres.
- Number of berths: 70.
- Buoy, boom and side mooring.
- From the lit route to Loviisa, turn east along the signposted route to the visitors' berths on the eastern shore of the island.
- Regular water bus service from Laivasilta in Loviisa to Svartholma.
- Thematic and public cruises to Svartholma are arranged on the packet yacht, the Österstjernan.
By Taxi Boat
- Taxi boats are available by advance booking for small groups.