Pyhä-Luosto Trail Directions and Maps
- From Highway no. 4 between Rovaniemi and Sodankylä by Torvinen, road no. 962 turns towards Pyhä-Luosto.
- From Highway no. 4 by the village of Aska, road no. 19746 turns towards Alakitinen, which also leads to Pyhä-Luosto.
- From Highway no. 5 between Kemijärvi and Pelkosenniemi by Vuostimo, road no. 962 turns towards Pyhä-Luosto.
- You can park your car in the parking area by the Luosto downhill skiing slopes or by Hotel Pyhätunturi, or in the Rykimäkero or Luostonloma parking area by Pyhä-Luosto Road (no. 962).
- To reach the northest starting point of the trail drive along Highway no. 4 from the village of Torvinen for about 6.7 km towards Sodankylä and turn to right onto the forest road. At the crossroads, you will see the brown-and-white signpost "Pyhä-Luosto".
- There is no designated parking area by the forest road, so when parking, please ensure that your car will not block other traffic.
- Driving instructions to the Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava.
- From the trains and planes arriving in Rovaniemi and Kemijärvi, there is a coach connection (www.matkahuolto.fi) to Pyhä-Luosto. A coach (pyha.fi) operates between the Pyhä and Luosto Fell Centres daily, and several times a day in winter.
- There is a coach connection (matkahuolto.fi) on the Rovaniemi - Sodankylä route to the northest starting point of the trail, which is situated by Highway no. 4. The bus stops are named "Vaisko P" and "Vaisko E".
- Pyhä Luosto, waterproof outdoor map, 1:25 000, Karttakeskus 2020.
- Pyhä Luosto, vattentålig fjällkarta, 1:25 000, Calazo 2021.
- Pyhä Luosto, vedenkestävä ulkoilukartta, water resistant outdoor map 1:25 000, Karttakeskus 2020.
- Pyhä-Luosto Geological outdoor map, 1:50 000, GTK 2007.
- Maastokartat: Terrain maps, U4334 Luosto, U511 Pelkosenniemi, T522 Tapionniemi, 1:50 000, Karttakeskus 2007.
- Retkeily GT Pohjois-Suomi: Outdoor GT map Northern Finland, 2016, 1:400 000.