Services in Nuuksio National Park
Customer Service and Guidance
- Finnish Nature Centre Haltia (haltia.com)
- Nuuksio Customer Service number: +35840 163 6200 and info(at)haltia.com
- Guide Hut Haukanpesä is open during the summer.
- Maps and other small products are sold at the Guide Hut.
- Information and guidance on hiking, at the Nature Information Hut.
- Guided tours in the park for school and kindergarten groups.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
When you plan your outdoor activites and trips to Nuuksio, please note that there are no grocery stores in Nuuksio area. In Haltia's restaurant (ravintolahaltia.fi) you can enjoy lovely meals, buy snacks and sandwiches but the closest grocery stores are in Espoo centre.
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Haukanholma: campfire place and cooking shelter,
- Mustalampi: campfire place and 2 cooking shelters,
- Holma-Saarijärvi: 2 campfire places and lean-to shelter,
- Isoholma: campfire place,
- Urja: campfire place,
- Vääräjärvi: campfire place,
- Takala: lean-to shelter,
- Kattila: campfire place, cooking shelter and reservable campfire shelter,
- Saarilampi: campfire place and
- Kolmoislampi: reservable camping site / campfire place
Please note that lighting campfires is also forbidden at campfire sites if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a shelter and a flue.
Reservable Campfire Shelter
There is a campfire shelter in Kattila, free for all to reserve. In the middle of the building there are three fireplaces, where you can cook on open fire. On the benches there are seats for 70 persons.
Information and reservations from the customer service of Greenwindow (greenwindow.fi) tel.int. +358 9 8552 559 (office hours) and +358 40 7506 001.
- There is a water tap at the Haukkalampi Guide Hut.
- There is a well at Kattila.
- You can get drinking water from Nature centre Haltia during the opening hours.
- The recycling points in Nuuksio National Park are at Haukkalampi and Kattila.
Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- Read more about Hiking without littering
- In the National Park there are dry toilets at each campfire site, camping site, cooking shelter and lean-to shelter. There are dry toilets also next to Haukkalampi Nature Information Hut and in Kattila.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
In Nuuksio National Park there are twelve free camping sites. Nine of these sites are provided with campfire site, firewood shelter with axe, and dry toilet. The camping sites are located at
- Mustalampi (2)
- Holma-Saarijärvi (2)
The camping sites without campfire site and dry toilets are located at Please note! Firemaking is not allowed at all times.
Reservable Campfire site
The reservations cost
- 11 am to 7 pm: 20 euros (incl. VAT 10%)
- 7 pm to 10.30 am: 30 euros (incl. VAT 10%)
The key for the reservable campsite is stored in a key lock box. The box can be opened by entering a code that is sent by email to the person who reserved the campsite. The key must be returned to the lock box, when leaving the campsite.
The lean-to shelters are located at Holma-Saarijärvi and Takala.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
Conference Room and Sauna for Rent
- At Kattila area: Information and reservations at Green Window (greenwindow.fi) customer service, tel.int. +358 9 8552 559 (office hours) or +358 40 7506 001
- At Valkealampi: Information and reservations at Green Window (greenwindow.fi).
The National Park landscape is quite demanding, due to differences in altitude. However, around Haukkalampi and Kattila it is possible to use wheelchair. There is a an accessible dry toilet for the disabled in the National Park at Haukkalampi. At Kattila there is an accessible toilet at the main building and the rentable teepee is suitable for wheel chairs.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- There are a lot of services available in Espoo Centre, about 15 km from Nuuksio.
- Public telephones are located in Finnish Nature Centre Haltia (haltia.com) and in Hotel Nuuksio (hotellinuuksio.fi). The phones can be used when these places are open.
- Nearest places to buy fuel are along the Nupurintie Road (Nupurinkalliontie 1), in the fork to Nuuksio (Brobackantie), and in Veikkola Village.
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.
Gathering at the campfire sites increases the risk of coronavirus infection. Guidelines concerning coronavirus COVID-19.
Finnish Nature Centre Haltia, tel. +358 40 163 6200, info(at)haltia.com
Metsähallitus customer service spatial planners
Southeast Finland: Pekka Koponen, tel. +358 206394238
The Metropolitan area: Liisa Neuvonen, tel. +358 206394638
Western Uusimaa: Anne Muuri, tel. +358 206394708
Southwest Finland: Laura Lehtonen, tel.+358 206394659
Kvarken, Southern and Central Ostrobothnia: Tuija Warén, tel.+358 206395282
Satakunta: Marjo Kekki, tel.+358 206394266
Email address: first name.last name (at)metsa.fi