The port of Säppi is located in the western part of the island. A duckboard trail leads from the harbour towards the lighthouse.
The lighthouse is surrounded by lighthouse keepers' buildings and open meadows. In addition to the heritage landscape, the island offers coastal meadows, herb-rich forests and rocky shores typical to the outer archipelago.
Read more about Säppi.
Outer Luvia Archipelago, Eurajoki
N 61°28,7’ - E 21°20,5’
Directions and maps
- The nearest port accessible by car is Reposaari, Santunranta; N 61°37,0’ - E21°2 6, 4’
- Topographic map 1:50 000 M323 Luvia
- Basic map 1:25 000
- M3234 Säppi
Access by boat
Access to the Säppi lighthouse island’s pier is from the northwest following the signposts.
Services in Säppi
- The pier has 10-12 guest places and mooring is to buoys or anchors.
- depth 1.3 m
- Dry toilet
- Nature trail
Trips to Säppi
- Metsähallitus' partner companies offer boat trips to Säppi on request.
- Lighting any campfires is strictly prohibited if the wildfire warning is in effect. Always check the current warnings (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue. There are no cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue on the island.
- You have to bring your own drinking water
- Pets must be kept on a leash when moving around the island.
- Keep to the trails during the period 1.5 – 15.7 in order not to disturb the birdlife during the nesting season.
- Read more about mobile phone coverage (112.fi).
- Protecting yourself against ticks and insects
- Check which fishing licenses you need (eraluvat.fi).
112 Emergency Number
If you have an emergency during your trip, such as getting lost, injured or finding a wildfire, call 112. Read more detailed emergency instructions.
Download the 112 Finland application (112.fi) to your phone. When an emergency call is made through the 112 Finland application, the emergency centre attendant is automatically informed of the caller's location.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.