Visit Kilpisjärvi Visitor Centre
The flood destroyed the Vuomakasjoki bridge on the Nordkalott Trail and a new one will be built in 2022. Until then you have to wade across the Vuomakasjoki River.
Opening Hours in 2022
6.-30.9. Mon–Fri 10am–5pm
Closed other times.
Customer service Mon–Fri 10am–5pm by phone 0206 39 7990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions and Maps
- The visitor centre is at the southern end of Kilpisjärvi Village, on the same side of Main Road E8 as Saana Fell. Cars should be parked in the designated area by the road.
- Vehicles transporting disabled persons can drive to the upper yard of the visitor centre.
- Daily bus lines (matkahuolto.fi) from Rovaniemi to Kilpisjärvi, and coaches by Eskelisen Lapin linjat (eskelisen.fi) during peak seasons.
- Trains (vr.fi) to Rovaniemi and Kolari, connections by bus.
- Daily flights (finavia.fi) to Kittilä. Connections by bus or airport taxi service. More information from Enontekiö's tourist information