Services in Sanginjoki
Customer Service and Guidance
Liminka Bay Visitor Centre.
Tel. int. + 358 206 39 6059
Services offered by enterprises and other organisations in Sanginjoki
Following enterprises and other organisations offer services in the nature reserve. They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
You can prepare and enjoy your own meals at all campfire sites.
You can make fire only in official campfire sites. It is forbidden to make a open fire during the forest fire warning. Sites are maintained regularly and we provide firewood to all locations. Pleace notice that the surroundings of the Ahinmaja rental hut are not for public use.
- Isokankaan kierros Trail 10 km, Isokankangas lean-to shelter, Kummunkorpi lean-to shelter.
- Kalimeenkierros Trail 5 km, 2 lean-to shelters in Myllykoski, 1 lean-to shelter and a campfire shelter in Kalimeenlampi.
- Korpilammen kierros Trail 2 km, 1 lean-to shelter in Korpilampi.
- Sanginjoki riverside, several campfire sites, some are in a bad shape.
Bring your own water. There's no official water points in the area. The quality of the natural waters has not been tested.
In the forest there are no waste-bins. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- Read more about Hiking without littering.
A general rule is that there's a dry toilet on every official campsite. Please see the map.
- Sanginjoki riverside, one dry toilet on a halfway of the trail.
- Loppula house parking lot.
- Kalimeenkierros trail, Myllykoski and Kalimeenlampi.
- Isokankaankierros trail, Isokangas and Kummunkorpi lean-to shelter.
- Korpilammen kierros trail, Korpilampi.
Ahinmaja rental hut is located at Isokankaanjärvi. The hut is open for rental all year round. The price is 75€/night.
NOTICE. Ahinmaja rental hut is closed from 1st of April to 30th of October 2024 due to the construction of the Isonkankaanjärvi campfire site and the new parking area, as well as the new road alignment. To ensure safety, Isokankaantie road is closed during the construction work.
- Isokankaan kierros Trail 10 km, 2 lean-to shelters.
- Kalimeenkierros Trail 5 km, 3 lean-to shelters and a campfire shelter.
- Korpilammen kierros Trail 2 km, 1 lean-to shelter.
Camping is allowed at official campfire sites.
There are no accessible services in the area.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
Pilpasuo mire nature reserve is situated south of Sanginjoki nature reserve. Pilpasuo is part of Natura 2000 ecological network. The trails and campfire sites in Pilpasuo are maintained by municipality of Oulu. Read more about Pilpasuo nature reserve from Oulu municipality webpages (ouka.fi).
Tel. int. + 358 206 39 6059 (The price of the call is EUR 0.00/min + mobile phone charge specified in your mobile phone subscription or local network charge when using a landline phone.)