Visit Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola
Opening Hours in 2020
DUE TO THE CORONA PANDEMIC THE VISITOR CENTRE IS CLOSED TILL THE END OF MAY
Further information on coronavirus guidelines.
The customer service is still at your service by phone and e-mail from Monday to Friday.
Opening hours during the summer time:
- 1.6. - 12.6. Mon-Fri 9-16
- 15.6. - 7.8. every day 9-17
- 10.8. - 15.10. Mon-Fri 9-16
Free entrance. Guided tours are charged.
Address: Lentiirantie 342, 88900 Kuhmo
Telephone: +358 206 39 6380
Directions and Maps
- The visitor centre is located along road no. 912 running from Kuhmo to Suomussalmi, roughly 3 km from the centre of Kuhmo.
By Public Transportation
- There are only few connections of public transport to the Petola Visitor Centre. Coaches operating between Kuhmo and Suomussalmi bypass Petola (matkahuolto.fi).
- The closest railway station (vr.fi) is located in Kajaani (101 km).
- The closest airport (www.finavia.fi) is in Kajaani (107 km).
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Kuhmo (journey.fi)
By Foot or Bicycle
- A pedestrian and bicycle route runs from the centre of Kuhmo to the visitor centre.