Services in Lauhanvuori National Park
Tel. int. +358 206 39 5270 (mon-fri 09:00-15:00)
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, where to buy and prepare
Shops, cafés and restaurants
- Lauhansarvi Nature Tourism Centre (lauha.fi, in Finnish) in the municipality of Isojoki offers restaurant and accommodation services. It is open round the year, tel.int. +358 40 825 8751.
- In the municipality centre of Isojoki (12 km), there are all basic services.
Campfire Sites, Cooking Shelter, Lean-to Shelters and Day Trip Hut
- Kaivolammi: campfire place
- Lauha lean-to Shelter: campfire place
- Leikkistenkangas lean-to Shelter: campfire place
- East and west side of Lake Spitaalijärvi: campfire place
- West side of Lake Spitaalijärvi: cooking shelter
- Kärkikeidas day trip hut: wooden stove
Lighting campfires is not allowed even at the campfire places if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect.
At the cooking shelter at Lake Spitaalijärvi, the fireplace with chimney can be used also during the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- There is a well at the Lauhan tupa cabin.
- The well at the Leikkistenkangas.
- Wells at the Kärkikeidas and Spitaalijärvi. Water is not drinkable.
- The water in Lauhanvuori area is generally suitable for drinking, but it has not been tested.
- There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Toilets at the parking places of Spitaalijärvi and Lauhanvuori Hill are emptied with suction. Do not put any food waste or other garbage in them.
- Read more about Hiking without Littering.
- There are dry toilets at the top of Lauhanvuori Hill, on the grounds of the Lauhan kämppä cabin, at Lakes Spitaalijärvi and Kaivolampi, and at the Leikkistenkangas and at the Kärkikeidas day trip hut.
Camping is allowed on camping sites at Lake Kaivolampi and at the east side of Lake Spitaalijärvi.
There are parking area with electricity at the Nature Tourism Centres in Lauhansarvi (lauha.fi, in Finnish). On the parking are at Lake Spitaalijärvi, it is allowed to stay in a caravan, but there are no other services in the area. There is space for only two caravans.
- The Lauha Rental Hut located inside the National Park can be rented from beginning of April until end of October.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
Information on lodging in the surrounding area can be found on the webpages of the municipalities of Isojoki (isojoki.fi, in Finnish) and Kauhajoki (kauhajoki.fi, in Finnish).
To Lake Spitaalijärvi in the middle of the park it is possible to get by wheelchair. The distance is about 500 m from the parking area. There is a 0,5-km-trail on the lake shore, and a cooking shelter and an accessible dry toilet.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- The nearest bank and shop services are at Isojoki (12 km).
- The nearest petrol stations are in Isojoki (12 km) and Honkajoki (20 km).
- It is possible to rent a sauna in Muurahainen and Lauhansarvi Nature Tourism Centres.
Sights in the Surrounding Area
- Lauhanvuori-Hämeenkangas UNESCO Global Geopark (lhgeopark.fi)
- Mustansaarenkeidas is a protected mire at Isojoki, where there are a 1,3-km-long circular duckboard trail and observation tower. The area is managed by Metsähallitus.
- Hyypänjokilaakso (kauhajoki.fi, in Finnish) in Kauhajoki is a landscape area of national value.
- Kauhaneva - Pohjankangas National Park