Visit Savukoski Visitor Centre Korvatunturi
Opening Hours 2023
Summer opening hours:
tue-sat 9 am - 4 pm
The Visitor Centre is closed and will open again for summer and autumn season in June 2022. We offer information and guidance for Metsähallitus nature trails of Savukoski area via e-mail and by phone also outside summer opening hours.
Outside opening hours phone calls will be directed to Pyhä-Luosto National Park's Nature Centre Naava.
Address: Samperintie 32, 98800 Savukoski, Finland
Telephone: +358206 39 7556 (Savukoski Visitor Centre Korvatunturi), +358 206 39 7302 (Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava), +358 206 39 7200 (Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen).
E-mail: Savukoski Visitor Centre Korvatunturi: savukoski(at)metsa.fi, Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava: pyhaluosto(at)metsa.fi, Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen: ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi
Directions and Maps
- Korvatunturi Visitor Centre is located by Kemijoki River towards Pelkosenniemi from the centre of Savukoski. The distance by road to the visitor centre from Rovaniemi is 175 km, via Kemijärvi and Pelkosenniemi.
- There are signposts to the visitor centre from road 965 (Pelkosenniemi‒Savukoski and Salla‒Savukoski) and from road 967 (Tulppio‒Savukoski).
- The visitor centre has a parking area.
By Public Transportation
- Bus lines (www.matkahuolto.fi) operate on weekdays to Savukoski from Salla, Pelkosenniemi, and Sodankylä. There is a bus stop at the Visitor Centre, 150 metres from the entrance.
- The nearest airport is in Rovaniemi (www.finavia.fi).
- The nearest railway stations (www.vr.fi) are in Rovaniemi and Kemijärvi.
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Savukoski (www.journey.fi)
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.