Directions and Maps
Holma Island is part of the municipality of Kimitoön and is located approximately 3 km southwest of Kasnäs. There is a 2.4 metre-deep route on the southern side of the island.
- Coordinates Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 54.47' lon: 22°22.25' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6650199 E: 241218
- Nautical chart series: D
- Nautical chart: 701
By Public Transportation
- There are ferry services to Holma from Kasnäs (Hiittisten reittialue) Ms Stella (kuljetus-savolainen.fi).
Holma offers two nature trails, which features nature of archipelago and traditional landscapes.
- Linsno is approximately 600 metres long and features traditional landscapes.
- Gölpö, about two kilometres long, boasts giant's kettles, archipelago forest, coastal meadows and a stone labyrinth.
112 Emergency Number
If you have an emergency during your trip, such as getting lost, injured or finding a wildfire, call 112. Read more detailed emergency instructions.
Download the 112 Finland application (112.fi) to your phone. When an emergency call is made through the 112 Finland application, the emergency centre attendant is automatically informed of the caller's location.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.