Sights and activities at the Raseborg Castle Ruin
The medieval Raseborg Castle Ruin is one of the most notable and impressive castle ruins in Finland. You can enjoy a summer's day here in multiple ways:
- The Raseborg Castle Ruin dates back to the fascinating Middle Ages, when Finland was part of Sweden. Life in the castle varied over the years from the simple everyday concerns of an administrative centre to the splendour of the royal court. Walk in the Hall of Knights and the tower chambers, savour the atmosphere of medieval battles in the shooting gallery and admire the lovely views from the viewing platform!
- Castle Guard's lodge is a café-restaurant. It is also a destination of historical interest. The café opened as a tourist lodge back in 1893. There is access for wheelchairs and prams to the Castle Guard's lodge, but there is no accessible entrance to the toilet.
- The Lovers' Path (0.5 km) leads from the castle ruins across a sheep pasture and through a valuable heritage landscape to the Forngården folk museum in Snappertuna. The path is fairly easy but narrow in places, with one steep hill on the way.
- The Forngården Museum's (lansiuudenmaanmuseot.fi) countryside buildings present life on an island farm in the 1700–1800s. The Snappertuna Church and the beautiful church village are situated close to the museum.
- Guided tours in the castle are organised by a partner of Raseborg Castle Ruin.
- Numerous cultural events are organised in the castle and its environs, including medieval events, ancient markets, Midsummer celebrations and Christmas services. Read more on the Topical events page.
- The Raseborg Summer Theatre (raseborg.org, in Finnish) by the castle offers theatre experiences in Swedish.
- The natural surroundings of the castle are beautiful, with herb-rich forests and meadows.
- Partner: Castles infocentre
- Tel. +358(0)440646192, +358(0)505970802
- Partner: Slottsnekten
- Tel. +358(0)400882046
- Address: Raaseporin linnantie 110/Raseborgs slottsväg 110, 10710 Snappertuna
- Address: RESCUE ROAD/Service building: Linnanvoudintie 50/Slotsknektens väg 50, 10710 Snappertuna