Things to Do and See in Oulanka Visitor Centre
- The babble of streams, the roar of rapids, the thunder of waterfalls. The sound of flowing water is the heartbeat of Oulanka National Park. In Oulanka National Park, all kinds of wanderers travel across time and seasons. The roar of rapids and the wild wanderers of Oulanka are now captured by the Oulanka Visitor Centre's new sound reproduction and film equipment. We warmly welcome you to see the Visitor Centre's A river flows by exhibition and the Land of Seasons nature presentation.
- The space for temporary exhibitions will provide you with a chance to explore various art genres.
Guided Group Tours
Book a guided group tour in advance at the visitor centre's customer service desk.
- Group Tour to the Exhibition A River flows by, duration 1 h
- Target group: suitable for all ages.
- Presentation of the Oulanka Visitor Centre's exhibition: introduction to the biodiversity, history and cultural heritage of the area, as well as an film presentation.
- Price 50€/group (max. 30 people/group, incl. VAT 24%). Available by reservation all year round.
Films at the Auditorium
At the visitor centre's auditorium, you can watch presentations (free of charge) on the national park. A wide range of nature-themed films. The presentations are played on request.
At the children's corner, children can play nature-themed games and try their hand at fishing. The play corner also has plenty of children's books, colouring pages, and soft toys.
The Visitor Centre's reference library has an extensive selection of literature on plants, mushrooms, birds, and mammals.
Nature- and Hiking Trails Starting from the Visitor Centre
During the Snow-Free Season
- Hiiden hurmos Trail (5 km)
- Karhunkierros Trail (several trail options)
- Könkään keino Trail (8 km)
- Könkään kuohu Trail, accessible for all (0.3 km)
- Nature trail to the Kiutaköngäs Rapids (2 km)
- Rytisuo Nature Trail (5 km)