Services in Kilpisjärvi Visitor Centre
- Information on Malla Strict Nature Reserve, Kilpisjärvi area, Saana Nature Reserve and Research Area, Nordkalott Trail, and Käsivarsi Wilderness Area, hiking services in the nearby areas in Sweden and Norway, fishing, and services provided by cooperating partners.
- Reservations and keys to reservation and rental huts in the Käsivarsi Wilderness Area. When the visitor centre is closed, keys to reservation huts can be collected from Kilpisjärvi customs; a valid receipt must be shown.
- Tourism information about the Kilpisjärvi area and Enontekiö municipality.
- For sale: maps of the Käsivarsi area and nearby areas in Sweden and Norway, books, local handicrafts, and other souvenirs.
- WLAN is available to customers.
The visitor centre is accessible by wheelchair from the upper yard. The visitor centre's toilets are accessible by wheelchair.
Guided nature tours
Local enterprises and organisations offer guided tours in the area.
There many great day trails in Kilpisjärvi area.
- Sáná / Saana trail, 4,3km/ one- way
- Visit Three Nation's Border Point (22km)
Meals and dining
- Dining possibilities can be searched from Metsähallitus cooperation enterprises.
- In the Outdoor guide you can find tips about what to consider when eating outdoors and other instructions.
Participate in our survey, please
Participate in the development of the visitor services in the Käsivarsi Wilderness Area and the Nordkalott Trail by responding to the online questionnaire (app.maptionnaire.com). Thank you!