Tittilammi Cooking Shelter
Reservable, accessible cooking shelter, 20-25 persons/ 41 m2
Bookings from the Eräluvat web shop (eraluvat.fi)
More information from Metsähallitus, Tel. int. +358 206 39 5270 (Mon-Fri 09:00-15:00), sisasuomi(at)metsa.fi
The reservable accessible cooking shelter is located in the Liesjärvi National Park. The cooking shelter is intended for day and 24-hour use. Customers who have booked the cooking shelter for the 24-hour use, can stay in the nearby accessible camping area. It is forbidden to spend the night in the cooking shelter. The reservable accessible cooking shelter is suitable, for example, as a break for various group trips or even as a place for family celebrations.
Southern Finland, Kanta-Häme Region, Tammela (tammela.fi, in Finnish), Liesjärvi National Park
Directions to the Tittilammi reservable cooking shelter
Terrain Map L421, 1:50 000
Häme Lake Uplands outdoor map (Hämeen järviylängön ulkoilukartta), 1:55 000
Number of persons
- 30€ per 4 hour reservation. Booking times: 9 am to 1 pm, 1 pm to 5 pm, 5 pm to 9 pm.
- 60€ per 24 hour reservation. Starting at 9 am.
Prices inclusive of 24% VAT.
Bookings from the Eräluvat web shop (eraluvat.fi)
The keys to the Tittilammi cooking shelter are found in a key box near the cooking shelter. The precise location of the key box and the access code to it are sent along with the purchase invoice.
There is a gate at the Katavalammintie entrance. The gate can be opened using the key to the key box. The location of the key box and the access code to it are sent along with the purchase invoice.
Remember to return the keys to the key box at the end of your rental period!
If the key disappear, the compensation in accordance with the Reservation terms and conditions, €100 (incl. 24% VAT), will be collected.
- Hut kitchen. Renters must bring their own food, cooking utensils and dishes.
- Two table benches with a total seating capacity of approximately 20-25 persons.
- The cooking shelter has no electricity.
- There is an accessible dry toilet right next to the cooking shelter. A stone ash path and wooden ramp leads to the dry toilet.
- An accessible woodshed and storehouse are located next to the cooking shelter.
- A broom and axe are provided in the storehouse.
- The accessible camping area (max for 20-25 people) is located next to the cooking shelter. You may not stay overnight in the cooking shelter.
- There is no well in the area. Drinking water must be brought in.
- Please bring your own toilet paper.
- Liesjärvi National Park has a Leave No Trace policy, so the reservable cooking shelter is not furnished with any waste receptacles. Please remove your waste from the area and recycle by taking it to a sorting station or an eco-point, or to a state-maintained waste collection point. Read more about Leave No Trace hiking.
Cooking shelter address: Katavalammintie, 31350 Tammela.
The Tittilammi cooking shelter is located in the northeast corner of the Liesjärvi National Park.
It is possible to drive cars right up to the cooking shelter in the snow-free season. The distance from the parking area to the cooking shelter is approximately 900 m. The road to the Tittilammi cooking shelter is ploughed in the winter.
Turn from Highway 2 (Helsinki-Pori) onto Kanteluksentie (sign at the intersection - Liesjärvi 8). When coming from Forssa, the distance between Forssa and the Kanteluksentie intersection is approximately 21 km. Drive on Kanteluksentie for approximately 5.5 km. Turn left from Kanteluksentie onto Katavalammintie. Drive approximately 300 metres until you arrive at the parking area. You can leave your car here. You can reach the cooking shelter from Katavalammintie on foot or, if necessary, by car. There is a gate at the road entrance. It is approximately 850 metres from the gate to the cooking shelter.
By Public Transportation
Highway 2 is served by several express buses every day (expressbus.fi). The nearest bus stop is located at the Kyynäräntie intersection on Highway 2. The distance to the cooking shelter from the bus stop is approximately 8 km. A map will be needed to find the trail.
- The cooking shelter and adjacent outbuildings are all accessible.
- The cooking shelter is intended for day use and 24-hour use. Customers who have booked the cooking shelter for the 24-hour use, can stay in the nearby accessible camping area. Staying overnight in the cooking shelter is strictly prohibited.
- The nearest campsite is approximately 800 metres away, right next to the Kaksvetinen hut.
- Driving cars to the cooking shelter is only permitted for groups with accessibility needs as well as for transporting goods or equipment to the shelter.
- The gate must be kept close also during the rental period.
- The cooking shelter must always be cleaned after using it. All doors must also be locked and the keys must be returned to the key box before leaving.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the hut.
- No pets may be brought inside the cooking shelter.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, tel int. +358 (0)206 39 5270, Mon-Fri 9am-3pm