Services in Öjen
Customer Service and Guidance
- Finnish Nature Centre Haltia, tel. +358 40 163 6200, info(at)haltia.com
- There is an information sign and a map at the beginning of the trail.
Meals and Cooking
There are several grocery stores, cafes and restaurants in Vaasa (visitvaasa.fi). Also the nearby village Sundom has a retail shop and a cafe.
- There is a campfire site along Öjen's nature trail.
Making an open fire is prohibited also at the campfire site when forest fire warning is in effect. Further information about lighting a fire.
- There are no waste bins in the area so everyone takes responsibility for their own waste.
- Biodegradable waste can be placed in a dry toilet or composter and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Carry all other types of waste out of the forest in your backpack.
- Read more about litter-free hiking.
- There is a dry toilet at the campfire site. Bring toilet paper with you.
- There is no camping area in Öjen, but traditional Finnish legal concept known as everyman's right (ymparisto.fi) allows you to camp overnight in a tent.
Staying Overnight Nearby Öjen
- In Vaasa (visitvaasa.fi), there are several options for accommodation, from campsites to hotels.
- There are no accessible services.
Finnish Nature Centre Haltia, tel. +358 40 163 6200, info(at)haltia.com
Metsähallitus customer service spatial planners
Southeast Finland: Pekka Koponen, tel. +358 206394238
The Metropolitan area: Liisa Neuvonen, tel. +358 206394638
Western Uusimaa: Anne Muuri, tel. +358 206394708
Southwest Finland: Laura Lehtonen, tel.+358 206394659
Kvarken, Southern and Central Ostrobothnia: Tuija Warén, tel.+358 206395282
Satakunta: Marjo Kekki, tel.+358 206394266
Email address: first name.last name (at)metsa.fi