Haukanpesä Guide Hut is a good starting point for your visit in the Nuuksio National Park. There you can find a cafe, guidance and equiptment renting.
Next to Haukanpesä Guide Hut there is a sauna and conference room for rent. Booking: Natura Viva (naturaviva.fi).
Services at the Haukanpesä Guide Hut
- Enjoy a cup of coffee, snacks and other products in Cafe Silva, Haukanpesä. You can also buy for example outdoor maps and sleeve badges. The personnel will help you if you have some questions about the national park.
- Rowing boats, FATbikes, canoes and other equiptment can be rent at Haukanpesä. It is also possible to take part in a guided tour, either by foot, bike or paddling.
- More information and booking the guided tours: Natura Viva's website (naturaviva.fi).
Private sauna and conference room for rent
- It is possible to book a traditional sauna and conference room by the Haukkalampi-lake. Go to Natura Viva's website (naturaviva.fi) for more information and booking.
From Nupurintie Road, turn to Nuuksio road towards north, drive past Solvalla a couple of kilometres and turn left to Haukkalampi. There is a sign at the fork of the road.
- Haukkalammentie can become congested from time to time. Weekends from May to September are most crowded. Parking on the shoulder is strictly prohibited to ensure constant access for emergency vehicles. For visitors arriving by car, the best starting points for excursions are the parking areas of Kattila, Högbacka, and Siikaniemi. Haukkalampi can also be reached on foot from the Finnish Nature Centre Haltia, but the hiking trail is challenging.
By Public Transportation
The nearest bus stop is about 2 km from Haukkalampi, at the fork of the road to Haukkalampi. The bus is 245(A) (reittiopas.hsl.fi) from Espoo Centre (Espoon keskus). Trains run to Espoo Centre from for example Helsinki. The regional ticket (ABC) is valid for one hour and 30 min on local trains and busses.
All the circle trails begin in front of the Nature Information Hut Haukanpesä. On the grounds there are dry toilets, a recycling point and tap water available.
Services for the Disabled
One of the dry toilets is wheelchair accessible.