Directions to Sipoonkorpi National Park
Starting points for excursions
Knuters parking area (160 parking spaces): Knutersintie 667, Helsinki
Korvenportti (50 parking spaces): Knutersintie 237, Sipoo
Byabäcken I (21 parking spaces): Länsitie 237, Sipoo
Byabäcken II (27 parking spaces): Länsitie 217, Sipoo
Källängen (12 parking spaces): Länsitie 152, Sipoo
Bakunkärr I and II (57 parking spaces + 1 space for one bus): Knutersintie 421, Sipoo
Flatberget / Tasakallio I and II (73 parking spaces): Tasakalliontie 1, Vantaa
Kuusijärvi Outdoor Area (250 parking spaces): Kuusijärventie 3, Vantaa
It is a half-hour bus journey from Tikkurila railway station to Sipoonkorpi National Park. The shortest connection to Sipoonkorpi National Park is from Tikkurila railway station on HSL bus 736 (reittiopas.hsl.fi) to the Kalkkiuunintie stop. Then take the connection to the Kalkkiruukki trail. You can purchase both your train ticket and your HSL ticket from the VR Matkalla application.
On summer weekends from 13 May to 1 October 2023, the Sipoonkorpi Hop-On Hop-Off bus (vantaa.fi) also operates from Tikkurila railway station. The departure point for the bus is platform 10 at the Tikkurila Travel Centre, and a one-way adult ticket costs €3 and a one day ticket costs €5.
By Bus to Sipoonkorpi
- To Northern Sipoonkorpi, to Byabäcken river valley
- to the Jokivarrentie bus stop at Länsitie (Si1422) can be reached by the Nikinmäki–Nikkilä buses 785, 785K, 787, 787A, 787K, 788, and 788K leaving from Helsinki Railway Square. From the stop along Länsitie, the distance is about 1.5 km to the Källängen information board, and about 2.5 km to the starting point of the Byabäcken nature trail.
- On school days, Hindsby can be accessed by bus 984K from Talma and Nikkilä in Sipoo. The distance from Hindsby to the departure point of the Byabäcken nature trail is 1.4 km along Länsitie.
- To Southwest of Sipoonkorpi, Sotunki
- Bus 736 from Vantaa, Tikkurila to Sotunki. From the Kalkkiuunintie stop (V9810) there is a distance of about 500 metres to the nature trail (Kalkinpolttajanpolku).
- To the western part of Sipoonkorpi, Kuusjärvi
- Bus 738 from Kalasatama, and bus 736 from Tikkurila to the Kuusjärvi Outdoor Area. The Kuusijärvi (V9719) stop is only a few hundred meters away from the services at Café Kuusijärvi. The path leading to the national park, leading to Lake Bisajärvi, can be reached through the courtyard area. It is marked with orange diamonds.
- To the southeast of Sipoonkorpi, Knuters and Bakunkärr trails
- Bus 839K to the Degermossa stop (Knuters road). From Itäkeskus and Landbo by busses 831 and 831K.
- The timetables can be found in the route guide service for regional traffic in Helsinki (reittiopas.hsl.fi).
By car to Sipoonkorpi
- Byäbäcken, located in the northern part of Sipoonkorpi, is in Hindsby, Sipoo, along the Länsitie, about 30 km from Helsinki. Byabäcken can be reached, for example, via Jokivarrentie no. 1521 (Nikinmäki–Nikkilä). Jokivarrentie can be reached by e.g. from Lahdentie (no. 140) or Keravantie (no. 148). From Jokivarrentie, turn left to Länsitie, according to Hindsby signs. The small parking area in Källängen (Länsitie 152, Sipoo) is also located along Länsitie, 1.5 km from the intersection of Jokivarrentie and Länsitie. The parking area for the Byabäcken nature trail (Länsitie 237, Sipoo) is located about 2.5 km from the junction, on the right-hand side of the road. Byabäcken can also be reached via Hindsby.
- The Kuusijärvi Outdoor Area in the western part of Sipoonkorpi can be reached via Lahdenväylä (no. 4) and Lahdentie. The parking area (Kuusijärventie 3, Vantaa) has space for 250 cars.
- The Knuters parking area (Knutersintie 667) with its 160 spaces for cars and the Bakunkärr parking area (Knutersintie 421) in the southeast of Sipoonkorpi can be reached from Porvoonväylä (E18) at junction no. 54 towards Landbo.
- You can access the southwest part of Sipoonkorpi through Sotunki, in Vantaa. For example, when arriving from the Ring III direction, take the Hakunila exit and continue north to the Hakunilantie road past the Hakunila Sports Park to Sotungintie road. Continue the Nybyggetintie road to the Tasakalliontie parking area. Drive to the parking area on Kalkkiuunintie from Sotungintie via Nurmimäentie. Parking only allowed in marked parking areas. Unauthorised roadside parking is monitored.