Directions to Nuuksio National Park
Starting points for excursions
Finnish Nature Centre Haltia: Nuuksiontie 84, Espoo
Haukkalampi: Haukkalammentie 32, Espoo
Högbacka parking area: Kattilantie 31, Espoo
Kattila: Kattilantie 424, Vihti
Siikaniemi: Kolmoislammenranta, Espoo
Hotel Nuuksio: Naruportintie 70, Kirkkonummi
Veikkola: Soidentaantie, Kirkkonummi
Kurjolampi: Valklammentie, Vihti
Nuuksio, northern gate: Salmentie 100b, Vihti
By Bus to Nuuksio
Nuuksio is conveniently accessible by public transport.
- The Helsinki Region Transport Route Guide (reittiopas.hsl.fi) will guide you to your destination from many directions. You can also get more information about zones, prices, and validity periods. You can easily find pre-planned routes of different levels, public transport timetables, and stops from the nuuksioon.fi service (nuuksioon.fi). The service is in Finnish and English.
- Bus 245(A) departs from Espoo Centre to the eastern and northern part of the national park and to the Finnish Nature Centre Haltia. In summer, the bus takes you all the way to Kattila in Nuuksio, but in winter the terminus is in Nuuksionpää. The Espoo Centre can be reached by train (E, L, U, and Y).
- Haukkalampi is about a two-kilometre walk from the nearest bus stop on Haukkalammentie. You can get off the bus 245(A) at the Punjonsuo stop and walk around 100 metres towards Haukkalampi to get to the connecting route marked with an orange-black diamond. There are signs facing both Haltia and Haukkalampi at the intersection of the route and the road.
- Buses 243 and 244 run from Espoo Centre to the southern part of the national park, Siikaniemi. Even further south, on road 110 (Veikkola and Lamminpääntie stops in the HRT area), bus line U275 operates on weekdays. The terminuses of the line are Leppävaara station (Espoo) and Nummela bus station (Vihti). Schedule search, zones and prices: Espoo–Kirkkonummi (reittiopas.hsl.fi) and Nummela–Kirkkonummi (matkahuolto.fi). More information on U-traffic pricing (hsl.fi).
- On the westside of the national park, to the Tervalampi Manor stop (Vihti), the standard service U280 operates from Helsinki on weekdays. If you travel the entire above-mentioned trip, you must buy a ticket from Matkahuolto (matkahuolto.fi) or from the driver. It is about a kilometre-long walk from the stop to the edge of the park.
By car to Nuuksio
- Drive to the east and north of the national park by turning north from Nupurintie (road 110, Vanha Turuntie) to Brobackantie at Nupuri. Brobackantie changes to Nuuksiontie, which goes past the Finnish Nature Centre Haltia. When driving to Haukkalampi, turn left a few kilometres from Haltia. When going to the northern part to Kattila, drive down the Nuuksiontie (Kattilantie) until the road ends.
- Drive to the southern part of the national park via Veikkola or from Brobackantie, following the Siikajärvi signs.
- Drive to the western part of the national park via Veikkola.
- The roads in Nuuksio National Park are congested from time to time. The busiest is on the weekends from May to September. Parking at the side of the road is strictly prohibited to allow rescue vehicles continuous access to the destination. For those arriving by car, we recommend parking area in Haltia, Högbacka, Kattila, Salmi or Siikaniemi as the starting point for the excursion. You can also hike from Haltia to Haukkalampi.
- Parking only allowed in marked parking areas. Unauthorised roadside parking is monitored.