Tikkasen Vieriharju, Rental Hut
Rental hut, for 4 persons / 15 m2
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi. Terms of reservation for the Tikkasen Vieriharju rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
- Northern Lapland, Savukoski, Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Tikkasen Vieriharju, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 67° 54.7132' lon: 29° 01.5240' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7534432 E: 584980.
- Suitable for overnight stays for individual hikers and small groups. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Savukoski.
- The closest huts are the Naltio open wilderness hut and the Vieriharjun open wilderness hut.
- Urho Kekkonen National Park map
You can pick up the keys at the following places
Ivalo Customer Service
the key drop box in Saariselkä
the key drop box in Kiilopää
Samperin Savotta (samperi.com) in Savukoski
Tulppion Majat (tulppio.fi, Finnish) in Savukoski
Sodankylä Väri- ja Urheilu Simonen Oy (simonen.fi, in Finnish)
Taxi Vuotso / JJR Pehkonen Oy, tel. 044-243 2449, 044 2422967 (call in advance).
The customer must have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation with in so that one can prove the reservation and its payment.
Please check the opening hours of the place where you intend to collect the key in advance. Outside opening hours, the key can be collected from the key box at all key collection points by appointment. If you intend to collect the key after opening hours, contact the key collection point 3-5 weekdays before the key collection date.
When collecting the key from Saariselka or Kiilopää, you get instructions for collecting the key from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service. Contact customer service 3-5 weekdays before you collect the key (email@example.com, 020 6397200).
The key can be returned to any of the locations mentioned.
- Two sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, quilts, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
A campfire site, a dry toilet, a woodshed and sauna.
- Take own candles, toilet paper and headlamp with you.
There is a signpost guiding you to Tikkasen Vieriharju on the right side of the road approximately 7 km before Kemihaara. The hut is located approximately 50 metres from the Korvatunturintie road. In the summer, you can park your car in the lay-by behind the hut. The Korvatunturintie road is narrow in the winter, and the lay-by cannot be used – if you want to park, shovel a parking space for yourself along the road. Parking in the lay-by during winter prevents the ploughing of the road. You can travel to Savukoski from Kemijärvi railway station by bus or using a pre-bookable taxi service (website in Finnish). You should book the taxi the night before at the latest. You can take a taxi from Savukoski to Kemihaara (approximately 100 km). Taxi services are provided by Korvatunturin taksi, tel. +358 40 730 6484 . They also offer car transport services.
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember to tidy up the hut ready for the next customers.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Metsähallitus follows the principles of litter-free hiking. Visitors are adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.