Mahlatti Rental Hut
Rental hut / 5 persons. There is a separate sauna building.
The cabin is primarily meant for the use of the nature-based tourism entrepreneurs in the area. Other visitors can make a reservation starting from the 1st of March yearly, either at the Ivalo Customer Service Point (Ivalontie 10, 99800 Ivalo (Inari), tel. +358 (0)206 39 7701) or the Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida (Inarintie 46, 99870 Inari, tel. +358 (0)206 39 7740).
Location and Description
Inarijärvi Mahlatti, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 51.9640' lon: 27° 32.5977' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7639524 E: 521860.
The distance from Veskoniemi to the cabin is 10 km by boat and 23 km in winter by snowmobile from Ivalo.
There are no other cottages on the island. The closest village Ivalo, where you will find all basic amenities, is at a distance of 23 km.
100 € / night or 500 € / week (incl. VAT 10%).
- A wood-burning stove and a cast-iron fireplace for heating.
- A gas cooker and a gas refrigerator.
- Solar cell lights.
- Folding beds.
- Household water is taken from the lake.
- A sauna and a changing room.
- There is a good jetty on the shore.
- A fish smoking pan.
- There are waste containers by the cabin but visitors are advised to bring their accumulated waste to the recycling points at the Inari parish or Veskoniemi boat harbours. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
You can collect the keys from the Ivalo Customer Service Point or from the Siida Nature Centre upon providing your receipt as proof of payment. The key must be returned to its collection point.
Inarijärvi veneilykartta: Inari boating map, 1:50 000.
Inarin osoite- ja virkistyskartta: Address and recreation map of Inari, 1:150 000.
- The Inari - Ivalo snowmobile track runs at a distance of 3 km from the cabin.
- The boat route runs between the islands of Mahlatti and Petäjäsaari at a distance of about 0.5 km from the cabin.
- There is a jetty on the shore that is also suitable for large boats.
- No official swimming spot.
- Pets are not allowed in the cabin.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Please bring your own bed linen or a sleeping bag.
- No toilet paper or paper towels are kept in the hut. Bring candles, too.
- Safety on hiking.
Maintenance and Management
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland. For more information contact Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida tel. int. +358 206 39 7740.