Kirakkajoki Rental Hut
Rental hut for 3 persons / 10m2. There is a separate sauna building.
Calling to Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida, tel.int +358 206 39 7740, Ivalo Customer Service, tel.int +358 206 39 7701 or our customer service telephone, tel.int.+358 20 69 2424. Terms of reservation for Kirakkajoki rental hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Northern Lapland Region, Municipality of Inari, Hammastunturi Wilderness Area.
Kirakkajoki rental hut, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 43.4454' lon: 27° 11.7732' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7623610 E: 507945.
The closest neighbour is 5 km away. The closest village is Ivalo at a distance of 23 km, where you will find all basic amenities. Ivalo-Inari busstop 13 km (along the road E4).
75 € / night or 525 € / week (incl. VAT 10%). The hut is reservable from March to October.
- A wood-burning stove for heating.
- A gas cooker, candles.
- A dry toilet.
- Take drinking water from the River Kirakkajoki or from the spring in the vicinity of the hut.
- A root cellar, a campfire site and a smoker outside.
- A separate sauna building. (Please note that the old cabin and the smoke sauna in the yard can no longer be used!)
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Make sure you pack a first aid kit.
- Look at the tips for outdoors drinking water and food on Hiking in Finland website.
- There are waste bins at the hut. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
The key can be picked up from Ivalo River Camping (ivalorivercamping.com) camping area (Kerttuojantie 1, 99800 Ivalo, tel. +358 40 039 5046), Ivalo Customer Service or Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida.
Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
When picking up the key you must have the receipt of the payment with you. Please return the key to the same location where you collected it from.
From Ivalo, drive north for 11 km to Ukonjärvi, from which point a gravel road turns to the left (see signpost: "Kirakkajoen vuokratupa" ("Kirakkajoki rental hut")). Drive along the gravel road for 2.3 km to Rahajärvi boat harbour. At the boat harbour, there is a locked equipment box and a boat (Kala-Palta, registered for 4 people) as well as an outboard motor (Yamaha 5 hp, 4-stroke uses pure 98okt bensin). The person hiring the boat must provide their own petrol. The boat and the outboard motor are included in the rental price of the hut.
The boat trip to the hut at the western end of Lake Rahajärvi is about 11 km. When boating to the hut, be particularly cautious and drive slowly to avoid the rocks and shoals in the lake. It is recommended that you make your boat trip in daylight. In August, evenings and nights are dark and they will be pitch-black in September. The map of Lake Rahajärvi is to be found in the equipment box in the boat harbour. The most dangerous rocks have been marked on the map. The location of the rocks on the map is not exact and not all rocks have been mapped.
By the Ivalo church, the road turns to the left to Paltojärvi. Along the forest road, you can drive to the northern end of Lake Matala Harrijärvi, from where the walking distance to the Kirakkajoki hut (you must navigate your way there) is about 6 km. The routes have not been marked!
- The reservation time starts at 2 p.m. and ends at 12 noon.
- All forms of fishing on the River Kirakkajoki and at its river mouth for a distance of 400 metres along both of the shores of Lake Rahajärvi are forbidden.
- It is allowed to bring pets in the hut.
- Please bring your own bed linen or a sleeping bag.
- No toilet paper or paper towels are kept in the hut. Bring candles too.
- Safety on hiking.