Kivelä Rental Hut
A wooden cottage in Ärjänsaari, designed by architect Eino Pitkänen and built in the 1930s.
Reservations cannot be made at this time. Reservations will be opened later in the spring.
- Week Sun - Sun
- Beginning of a week Sun - Thu
- The end of the week Thu - Sun
Reservations on Eräluvat web store (eraluvat.fi).
Terms of reservation for the Kivelä rental hut.
The code for the key box will be received from the Ärjänsaari Island operator Luonnollisesti Oulujärvi (luonnollisesti.fi) at the beginning of the rental period.
Rental hut, 4 people, 25 m², one room.
Oulun reagion and Kainuu, Kajaani, Ärjänsaari.
Ärjänsaari is located in the area of town Kajaani on lake Oulujärvi. The distance from the center of Kajaani to Ärjänsaari is about 16 kilometers. The nearby marinas are Ruunaniemi (3 km), Koutaniemi (7.5 km), Paltaniemi (17.5 km) and Kajaani Kalkkisilta.
Ärjänsaari is not accessible by public transport.
In summer you can reach the island by boat. Boat transport is organized by:
By car to the marina
- To Koutaniemi marina: from road no. 5 (Kajaani - Iisalmi) turn onto Vuoreslahdentie, and drive about 9 kilometers. Turn right onto Heinirannantie, and drive about 7 kilometers. Turn left to road Kalasatamantie, and continue to the end of the road by the lake. You can enter the address "Kalasatamantie 25, Kajaani" in the navigator.
- To Paltaniemi marina: drive along road no. 5 (Kajaani - Iisalmi) to Paltaniementie according to the signs to Kajaani airport. Drive past the airport on road Paltaniementie until you turn right to road Satamatie. Drive to the end of the road to the lake shore. You can enter the address "Satamatie 10, Kajaani" in the navigator.
- To the boat pier of the Kajaani Kalkkisilta: from road no. 5 (Kajaani - Iisalmi) turn to road Vanha Viitostie (no. 8807). Drive this road for about 4.3 km and turn right to road Ahontie (No. 8803). Drive forward along this road about 1.3 kilometers and before the castle bridge, turn right to road Kalkkisillantie. Drive to the pier at the end of the road. You can enter the address "Kalkkisillantie 1, Kajaani" in the navigator.
- To Ruunaniemi marina: from road no. 5 (Kajaani - Iisalmi) turn to road Vuoreslahdentie, and drive about 16 kilometers. Turn right to road Ruunaniementie, and continue to the end of the road by the lake. You can enter the address "Ruunaniementie 70, Kajaani" in the navigator.
- Ruunaniemi Marina is only available for customers of Metsähallitus and company Naturally Oulujärvi, otherwise the road is closed with a boom.
- Several boats can be moored at the Ärjänsaari boat dock. Eight mooring buoys have been installed on the north side of the pier. The berths on the south side of the pier are reserved for charter boats and ships. For shorter outboard boats, landing to the shore is recommended.
Booking period is 26.6. - 28.8.2022.
- Week Sun - Sun 500 €
- Beginning of a week Sun - Thu 300 €
- The end of the week Thu - Sun 300 €
Prices include VAT 10%. The booking period starts at 2 pm on the day of arrival and ends at 12 noon on the day of departure.
- There is a box with a code lock on the wall of the cabin. Inside the box are the keys to the cabin. You will receive a code to open the lock upon booking.
- Please remember to return the key to the lock box after your visit!
- The key will not be delivered by post.
A single 25 m2 space with a partition between the kitchen and the sleeping area.
- Two bunk beds.
- Bed linen (mattresses, blankets, pillows). Please, bring your own linen).
- Basic tableware and cooking utensils for four.
- Wood stove, small cellar, outdoor toilet (shared with other visitors of the island). It is recommended to bring a camping stove.
- Drinking water can be taken from the Ärjänsaari well or you can bring drinking water to the island yourself.
- There is no electricity in the cottage. For charging a mobile phone and a tablet, there is a solar-powered charging point in Säippä's kitchen canopy.
- Sauna shifts are shared with others using the same sauna. More information in the cottage's information folder.
- Ärjänsaari's hiking services are available for cottage tenants.
The tenant of the cottage delivers his own waste away from the island.
A responsible hiker hikes litter-free and in accordance with the Outdoor Etiquette.
- The booking period starts at 2 pm on the day of arrival and ends at 12 noon on the day of departure.
- The cottage tenant brings own linen (hand and bath towels, sheets, tablecloths, etc.).
- The cottage will not be preheated before the beginning of the booking.
- If the site is not cleaned or is defective, please contact the island operator immediately upon arrival.
- If the tenant of the cottage does not clean the cottage or the cleaning is incomplete, the tenant will be charged € 75 for cleaning.
- Pets are not allowed in the Kivelä cottage.
Maintenance and Management
The practical maintenance is taken care of by a partner enterprise of Metsähallitus.
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, Ostrobothnia-Kainuu is responsible for Ärjänsaari's services.
- Further information Kuhmo Visitor Center Petola, tel. +358 206 39 6380.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.