Suitable for overnight stays for hikers with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Saariselkä and in Ivalo.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä (sodankyla.fi, in Finnish), Urho Kekkonen National Park.
- Suomun Ville, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 26,0309' lon: 28° 17,6880' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7591794 E: 553111.
- Suitable for overnight stays for hikers with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails.
- The closest huts are the Jyrkkävaara open and reservable wilderness hut and the Snellmaninmaja open wilderness hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (pdf 659kt).
100 € / night (incl. VAT 10%).
- Two extendable sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- Take own candles, toilet paper and headlamp with you.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed.
- Household water is taken from the river Suomujoki.
You can pick up the keys from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, Ivalo Customer Service, Fell Centre Kiilopää (kiilopaa.fi), Hotel Samperin Savotta (samperi.com), Tulppion Majat (tulppionmajat.fi, in Finnish), Tuntsan Tunturilomat tel. +358 400 274 074, Sodankylän Väri- ja Urheilu Simonen Oy (simonen.fi, in Finnish) or from the Vuotso, JJR Pehkonen Oy tel. +358 442 432 449.
Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- The hut is not suited for the disabled.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Suomujoki at Aitaoja, Kotaköngäs, and Porttikoski and by the River Luttojoki at Raja-Jooseppi.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- The sauna is in a separate building.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Hikers are however adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Safety on hiking.
- Urho Kekkonen National Park map.
- Saariselkä-Sokosti outdoor map, 1: 50 000.
- Urho Kekkosen kansallispuisto outdoor map, 1:100 000.
- Urho Kekkosen kansallispuisto outdoor map, 1:50 000.
- Terrain map V523, 1:50 000.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.