The island of Bodö is located in the southern Archipelago Sea, east of the strait separating it from the island of Bergholm. The island was opened to public in 2016 and the development of the service infrastructure is still under way.
Directions and maps
- Coordinates lat 59°54.491' lon 21°45,0'
- Nautical chart series: D
- Nautical chart: 711, 716
- Harbour number: 795
By public transportation
- The ferry M/S Nordep sails between Kirjais and Bodö, Bodö is under the name Träskholm in the schedule. Additional information
- You can also reach Bodö by taking a chartered boat. The boats of AspöCharter depart from the Archipelago Centre Korpoström. Additional information
- By paying the harbour charge, you get a boat space, a welcome coffee, a sauna for four persons in the main building and a WiFi connection. You can also use the dry toilets, waste management services and the dishwashing point on the island.
- Draught 1.5 - 4 metres
- Please note that boats must be attached to the buoys. There are cables at the bottom of the sea and for this reason dropping anchor in the bay or at the jetty is strictly forbidden.
- There are five renovated rooms in the main building. Tentsile tree tents are also available.
- Home delivery service from Nötöboden
- Kayak rental
- SUP board rental
- Nature trail
Natural features and history of Bodö
There is a designated trail on the island going through a variety of different landscapes.
A coast guard station was located on Bodö between 1967 and 1991. After its closure, the main building was empty until 2016 when the renovation work started. The tower on the island is a reminder of this period in the history of Bodö. The structure is still used by the Finnish Border Guard and it is closed to visitors.