Högsåra is an idyllic and scenic island that is part of the municipality of Kimitoön. The island is located in the southwestern part of the municipality. Högsåra boasts several sandy beaches. These include the beautiful bay of Sandvik on the western shore of the island, which belongs to Archipelago National Park.
Directions and Maps
- Coordinates, Sandvik Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 56.9791' lon: 22° 20.9973' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6654931 E: 240380
- Nautical chart series: B, D
- Nautical chart: 645, 647, 648, 701, 702, 22, 25
By Public Transportation
Högsåra Island can be reached by car, and is also within a short walking distance from a bus stop. It is recommended to leave your car in Svatnäs ferry departure point due to short distances, narrow roads and limited parking spots in Högsåra. When arriving from Kimito, the road to the Högsåra ferry forks about 2.5 km before the village of Kasnäs. The ferry (www.finferries.fi) to Högsåra leaves from a place called Svartnäs.
The Excursion Harbour
The harbour of the village of Högsåra has 25 stern moorings, and piloting a boat to the visitor quay from the main route is easy. Do remember to leave sufficient space for the ferry. The wind enters the harbour from the east and northeast, but by-passing traffic along the route is not disturbing.
- Harbour number: 597
- Depth: 2,0 - 3,0
- Anchor, buoys
- Open: northeast-southeast
The harbour of Kejsarhamnen has 30 places for boats.
- Harbour number: 620
- Depth: 4,0
Services in Sandvik
- Campfire site
- Dry toilet
- Camping site
- When the wind is from the west, it blows in on the beach. There is no quay, but landing on the beach is easy with a small boat or kayak.