Directions and Maps
Konungsskär is located about 6 kilometres from Korpoström to south-southwest.
- Coordinates (WGS-84): N60° 04,0' E021° 35,1'
- Nautical chart series: D
- Nautical chart: 717, 25
The Excursion Harbour
Konungsskär form a sheltered excursion harbour together with Västra Tvigölpan and Birsskär. From Konungskär island you can get to the next island Birsskär along a boardwalk. The best places for mooring can be found from the north shore of Birsskär island. The south shore and western side of Konungskär are other possibilities for mooring.
- Harbour number: 842
- Depth: 1,0 - 3,0
- Open: north and southwest
- The wilderness hut can be used for temporary accommodation.
- The hut houses a small exhibition.
- Information board
- Camping site
- Campfire site. There is also another campfire site in the north side of Birsskär.
- History and life on the Konungsskär Island can be explored on a nature trail which circle around island.
Natural Features and History
Konungsskär and the nearby islands are barren and rocky. The old tenant farm is surrounded by a beautiful meadow, still grazed by sheep in the summer. After the end of permanent habitation in 1916, the island was used as a base for hunting and fishing trips. Famous Finnish Marshal Carl Gustaf Mannerheim also visited the hut in September 1926.