Customer Service and Guidance
- Finnish Nature Centre Haltia
- Nuuksio Customer Service number: +35840 163 6200
- Guide Hut Haukanpesä is open during the summer.
- Maps and other small products are sold at the Guide Hut.
- Information and guidance on hiking, at the Nature Information Hut.
- Guided tours in the park for school and kindergarten groups.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
When you plan your outdoor activites and trips to Nuuksio, please note that there are no grocery stores in Nuuksio area. In Haltia's restaurant you can enjoy lovely meals, buy snacks and sandwiches but the closest grocery stores are in Espoo centre.
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Haukanholma: campfire place and cooking shelter,
- Mustalampi: campfire place and 2 cooking shelters,
- Holma-Saarijärvi: 2 campfire places and lean-to shelter,
- Isoholma: campfire place,
- Urja: campfire place,
- Vääräjärvi: campfire place,
- Takala: lean-to shelter,
- Kattila: campfire place, cooking shelter and reservable campfire shelter,
- Saarilampi: campfire place and
- Kolmoislampi: reservable camping site / campfire place
Please note that lighting campfires is also forbidden at campfire sites if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a shelter and a flue.
Reservable Campfire Shelter
There is a campfire shelter in Kattila, free for all to reserve. In the middle of the building there are three fireplaces, where you can cook on open fire. On the benches there are seats for 70 persons.
Information and reservations from the customer service of Greenwindow (www.greenwindow.fi) tel.int. +358 9 8552 559 (office hours) and +358 40 7506 001.
- There is a water tap at the Haukkalampi Guide Hut.
- There is a water tap behind the main building at Kattila. The water tap at Kattila is temporarily out of order.
- In the National Park there are dry toilets at each campfire site, camping site, cooking shelter and lean-to shelter. There are dry toilets also next to Haukkalampi Nature Information Hut and in Kattila.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
In Nuuksio National Park there are twelve free camping sites. Nine of these sites are provided with campfire site, firewood shelter with axe, and dry toilet. The camping sites are located at
- Mustalampi (2),
- Holma-Saarijärvi (2),
- Urja and
The camping sites without campfire site and dry toilets are located at
- Pöksynhaara and
Reservable Campfire site
In addition there is one reservable camping site, where fee is charged for camping. It is similar to the free camping sites but require a reservation. It is located at
The reservations cost
- 11 am to 7 pm: 20 euros (incl. VAT 10%)
- 7 pm to 10.30 am: 30 euros (incl. VAT 10%)
Reservations can be made at Haltia.
The keys for the reservable camping site can be picked up from
- Finnish Nature Centre Haltia, Nuuksiontie 84, 02820 Espoo. Tel int. +35840 163 6200.
- Espoo railway station, R-Kiosk, Kirkkojärventie 6, 02770 Espoo. Tel int. +358 50 448 1474.
Note that from the 1st of July 2018 there will be a service fee of 5 € per key when picking the keys up at R-kioski.
Customer must present a receipt of payment when picking up the keys. Please return the key to the same location where you got it from.
The lean-to shelters are located at Holma-Saarijärvi and Takala.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
Information on lodging in the surrounding area can be found at tourist information offices of Helsinki (www.visithelsinki.fi), Espoo (www.visitespoo.fi) and Vihti (www.vihti.fi).
Conference Room and Sauna for Rent
- At Kattila area: Information and reservations at Green Window (www.greenwindow.fi) customer service, tel.int. +358 9 8552 559 (office hours) or +358 40 7506 001
- At Valkealampi: Information and reservations at Green Window (www.greenwindow.fi).
Services for the Disabled
The National Park landscape is quite demanding, due to differences in altitude. However, around Haukkalampi and Kattila it is possible to use wheelchair. There is a an accessible dry toilet for the disabled in the National Park at Haukkalampi. At Kattila there is an accessible toilet at the main building and the rentable teepee is suitable for wheel chairs.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- There are a lot of services available in Espoo Centre, about 15 km from Nuuksio.
- Public telephones are located in Finnish Nature Centre Haltia and in Hotel Nuuksio (www.hotellinuuksio.fi). The phones can be used when these places are open.
- Nearest places to buy fuel are along the Nupurintie Road (Nupurinkalliontie 1), in the fork to Nuuksio (Brobackantie), and in Veikkola Village.