The versatile family destination of Lake Matildanjärvi is located in the heart of Teijo National Park close by the historic ironworks village of Mathildedal.
A walking trail of around one kilometre in length suitable for younger children starts from Lake Matildanjärvi parking area. Those interested in a longer hike should consider walking around the scenic Lake Matildanjärvi (5.5 km) or visiting the ancient shoreline at Jeturkasti (4.6 km). For overnight stays you should head north, for example for the lean-to shelters of Teerisaari or Endal. The Jeturkasti trail is suitable for mountain bikers.
Two campfire sites for day-trippers and a shore favoured by swimmers can be found near the parking area. This is not an official bathing area, however. A lakeside sauna as well as rowing boats, kayaks and SUP boards are available to rent.
Services requiring advance booking
- Caravan sites
- Fishing huts Vaappu and Lippa
- Fishing permits
- Lakeshore sauna
- Rowing boats
- SUP boards
- Tentsile tree tents
To book these services, contact Teijo National Park Info.
View maps and connections for Teijo National Park.
- Terrain map no 2021 07, 1:20 000. Available from Karttakeskus and National Land Survey of Finland’s service points.
- Outdoor GT map Southern Finland, 2012, 1:250 000. Available from Karttakeskus and well-stocked book shops.
Map sales points
Services in the local area
- The nearest shop is located in the village of Teijo at some 5 km from the camping site.
- Accommodation can be found in all the historic ironworks villages of the area and Salo.
- Cafés and restaurants are available in the villages of Mathildedal and Teijo.
- Both Mathildedal and Teijo offer several boutiques attractive to tourists.
- The nearest bank and pharmacy are located in Perniö village at 17 km, and a late night pharmacy can be found in Salo at around 20 km.
Teijo National Park Info
Telephone: +358 (0)44 330 0082
Address: Ruukinrannantie 8, Fin-25660 Mathildedal (Salo), Finland
Metsähallitus/Teijo National Park
Telephone: +358 (0)206 39 4700 (Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. till 3 p.m.)
Maintenance of the area
Free services: Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, Coastal and Metropolitan Area
Fee-paying services: entrepreneur in charge of Teijo National Park Info point (www.mathidedal.fi)