Customer Service and Guidance
- On Ulko-Tammio Island, there is a guide employed by Metsähallitus during the weekends from 24th of June until the end of July to guide the visitors to the National Park, tel.nt. +358 40 568 5777
- Guided walk in Ulko-Tammio takes about 1 hour, and the trail is about 1 km long.
- Maretarium (www.maretarium.fi) in the town of Kotka displays the natural features of Finnish waters.
- Two Nature Information Huts: In the guestharbour of Kaunissaari Island there is a Nature Information Hut which is open during the summer. It has an exhibition on Gulf of Finland National Park. In addition, there is a Nature Information Hut in the old school building on Haapasaari Island. It has an exhibition on the natural features of the outer archipelago and the position of the National Park on the border of Fennoscandia.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
Meals, where to buy and prepare
Shops, Cafés and Restaurants
- There are no places to buy food in the National Park area.
On the boundary of the National Park, on Kaunissaari Island, there are a camping ground, indoor accommodation, a restaurant, a shop and a cafe.
- There is a shop on Haapasaari Island.
Campfire places are located at the camping sites on the islands of
- Ristisaari and
Please note that lighting campfires is forbidden also at the campfire places if the forest fire warning (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) is in effect.
- This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue.
There are wells on the islands of Ulko-Tammio and Mustaviiri. Water taken from the wells is recommended to be boiled before using it for drinking or cooking. It makes sense to bring drinking water with you.
There are dry toilets on the islands with camping sites.
The camping sites are located on the islands of
- Kilpisaari and
Open Wilderness Hut
- Koivuluoto Open wilderness hut is located in the Gulf of Finland National Park, in the northeast corner of Koivuluoto island in the town of Hamina.
- Ulko-Tammio Open wilderness hut is located in the Gulf of Finland National Park, in Ulko-Tammio island in the town of Hamina.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
- Camping ground and indoor accommodation on Kaunissaari Island.
Services for the Disabled
There are no special services for the disabled. For most part, the terrain is difficult.
Services for Boaters
Excursion, Guest and Service Harbours
The coordinates are given using the WGS-84-Coordinate System. The harbours coordinates are shown according to the WGS-84-system that is used in the international blue nautical chart series. For more information on nautical charts see the Finnish Maritime Administration boating website (www.liikennevirasto.fi).
Harbours in the National Park
- Suuri-Pisi 60°27,00' 27°38,04', excursion harbour
- Lanskeri 60°22,98' 27°30,47', excursion harbour, quite open to wind
- Ulko-Tammio 60°21,04' 27°27,24', gueststage, depth 1 - 3 m. At Itälahti ("East Bay"), there is another gueststage 60°20,52' 27°27,35'
- Koivuluoto 60°18,31' 27°23,93', excursion harbour
- Kilpisaari 60°16,89' 27°19,01', excursion harbour
- Ristisaari 60°18,6' 26°48,1', excursion harbour
- Mustaviiri 60°16,72' 26°36,52', excursion harbour
Harbours nearby the National Park
- Tammio 60°24,98' 27°25,00', gueststage, depth 3 m
- Haapasaari 60°17,33' 27°11,75', service harbour, depth 1,5 - 1,7 m
- Kaunissaari 60°20,65' 26°46,60', service harbour, depth 1,9 - 2,4 m
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- Haapasaari Island has fuel, a public telephone, a shop and post office services.
- Kaunissaari Island has restaurant services and a public telephone.
- Most services can be found on the mainland, for example in Kotka (www.kotka.fi), Hamina (www.hurmaavahamina.fi) and Virolahti (www.virolahti.fi, in Finnish).