Kovero Crown Tenant Farm
The housekeepers will show visitors around in the cottage and talk about life in the old times.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Kulomäki, Nature Centre: a fireplace shelter, a campfire site nearby, firewood available for both at the fireplace shelter
- Iso-Kivijärvi: campfire site
- Honkaniemi: campfire site
- Kirkaslampi: cooking shelter
- Koverolampi: campfire site
- Haukilampi: campfire site
- Jokiristi: campfire site
- Liesijärvi: campfire site and lean-to shelter
- Kirkas-Soljanen: cooking shelter and campfire site
- Saari-Soljanen: cooking shelter
Please note that lighting campfires is also forbidden at campfire sites if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue.
- At the Nature Centre in Kulomäki there is a tap at the wall, on the side where the café is. The tap is not in use in winter.
- There is well at Kovero. Water must be purified before drinking.
- There is well at Kirkas-Soljanen. The water must be purified before drinking.
- There is well at Pitkäjärvi. Please note! The water is turbid and it may taste a little bit iron. The water must be purified before drinking.
- Water from lakes, rivers and brooks should be purified before drinking, because the quality of water varies.
There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Read more about Hiking without Littering.
In the National Park there are dry toilets at each campfire site and camping site. There are also dry toilets at Kovero Crown Tenant Farm and at Pitkäjärvi Loggers' Cabin.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
In Seitseminen National Park there are five free camping sites with campfire site, firewood shelter with an axe, and dry toilet. The camping sites are located at:
There is also a lean-to shelter at Liesijärvi.
Near the National Park there are lean-to shelters at the southern end of Lake Teerilampi and at southern shore of Lake Rysäslampi. The firewood service is not regular here.
In the Nature Centers guesthouse has six cosy rooms for 2 to 4 people.
Caravans and Camper Vans
Staying overnight in a caravans or camper vans is allowed at Kovero and Saari-Soljanen parking areas. There are no special services for visitors with caravans.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
- Leveelahti wilderness cabin (www.lomarengas.fi) is located nearby Seitseminen National Park.
- Teerilampi wilderness cabin (www.lomarengas.fi) is located nearby Seitseminen National Park. Accommodation for 8 person.
- South of the National Park along Sisättö road which begins at Kovero Crown Tenant Farm, there are accommodation services at Seitsemisen Torpat (seitsemisentorpat.net, in Finnish).
- South of the National Park there are accommodation services at Särkilammin marjatila (www.sarkilammi.fi, in Finnish).
- There are accomodation services at Jauli cabins (www.jaulinkampat.fi, in Finnish) next to the south border of the National Park.
- North of the National Park there are accommodation services at Oravanmarja (www.oravanmarja.fi, in FInnish).
- Information on lodging in the surrounding area can be found at Seitseminen Nature Centre or Town of Ylöjärvi (www.ylojarvi.fi), Ikaalinen (www.ikaalinen.fi) and Parkano (www.parkano.fi, in Finnish).
Services for the Disabled
In Seitseminen area there are no great differences in altitude; the terrain is flat, in some places hilly. The Nature Centre and its grounds, surroundings of Pitkäjärvi Loggers' Cabin and at the east side of nature trail at Multiharju are accessible by wheelchair, with assistance. The portion of Soljanen mire trail which is accessible by wheelchair and baby pram is 0.5 km long. At the trail's starting point there is a special accessible cooking shelter. Additionally there is an accessible toilet. There are accessible toilets also at the Nature Centre and next to Kovero Heritage Farm's parking area.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- In Parkano, about 20 km from Seitseminen, there are services of a town. Also in Kuru, 26 km from Seitseminen, there are all basic services.
- Nearest place to buy fuel is in Parkano.