Starting Points for Trails
There are many hiking trails in the Aulanko Nature Reserve, and you can start from several places. There are five parking areas along the ring road, which goes round the nature reserve. Location of the parking areas and information boards is marked in the map.
- In Aulanko Nature Reserve, you can see about 50 different species of trees and shrubs along the nature trail going round Lake Joutsenlampi. The length of the trail is about 1000 metres. The section of the trail which goes round the lake is also accessible by baby pram and wheelchair. After that, the trail continues as a footpath to the small forest behind the kiosk on the lake shore.
- There is an asphalt-surfaced one-way ring road (about 3 km), which goes round the nature reserve. Driving is allowed from 8 am to 11 pm on this road.
- Lake Aulangonjärvi Trail, 7 km, goes round Lake Aulangonjärvi, partly inside the nature reserve. The trail is marked with yellow paint in the forest.
- There is a good network of trails in the area. Some of the trails are wide sandy tracks in a cood condition, so they are also accessible by baby pram and wheelchair.
- Riding is allowed only on the roads marked for this purpose.
Cross-country Skiing Trails
- In wintertime, there are two lit skiing trails in the nature reserve, 4,5 km and 6,5 km. They are suitable for both classical style and free style cross-country skiing. Lights turn off at 10 pm.
- A 10-km-long skiing trail goes round Lake Aulangonjärvi and through the nature reserve. This skiing trail is not lit.
- On the ice of Lake Aulangonjärvi, there is a 5-km-long skiing trail suitable for both classical style and free style cross-country skiing.
- You can also extend your skiing trips to the surrounding areas, along the connection trails to Kipinäniemi at Lake Katumajärvi, and towards Ahvenisto.
- More information about skiing trails from Häme Tourist Service (www.hame.fi).
Cycling is allowed on the ring road and gravel tracks.