- Meän Elämää (Our Life) exhibition highlights the villages bordering the Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park, the streams that have their sources in the fells, the forests, mires, meadows, and the Tornion-Muonionjoki River. These are the sources from which all life in the area has developed. Read more.
- Gallery Kellokas is an art gallery maintained by the The Artists' Association of Lapland (www.lapintaiteilijaseura.fi). The gallery has temporary exhibitions.
- Our Gallery is an exhibition space maintained by Metsähallitus. The gallery has temporary exhibitions.
- The Hiking Exhibition introduces the fells and nearby nature trails in Varkaankuru.
- On the Outsider Art Yard, there are sculptures by Lappish artists along a trail encircling the Visitor Centre.
- The Logging Museum introduces the history of logging in the region.
Guided Group Activities
Guided tours should be booked in advance from the visitor centre. Guided tours cost €50/hour/group (incl. VAT 24%).
- Meän Elämää (Our Life) exhibition
- Guided group tours for adults and children, duration 1 hour.
Films at the Auditorium
Following films (free entrance) about the national park and the surrounding areas are shown at the Kellokas Auditorium:
- Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park (20 min.)
- Short film about the nature of the National Park.
- By the River (17 min.)
- Short film about the corgeous nature along theTorne River, the colorful people and water drops that form the River, a real stream.
- Fells - The Blue Landscape of Ylläs (10 min.)
- Presentation of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park, which protects a unique chain of fells stretching 100 kilometres from Yllästunturi fells to Ounastunturi fells.
- Flora of Lapland (6 min.)
- Presentation of flora typical to Lapland's nature
- Botanical names of the flora are presented in Finnish, Swedish, English, German and French.
- Shown to groups and booked in advance.
Also, Kino Kellokas, the movie theatre of Kolari, shows movies in Kellokas Sali. For the movies and schedules go to the Kino Kellokas Facebook page (www.facebook.com/KinoKellokas).
Reference Library and Reading Room Aviisi
Aviisi is the lounge of the visitors and locals in Ylläs. In addition to papers, magazines, and nature books, there is plentiful information on local history, meeting opportunities, spectacular views and much more.
Trails Connecting to the Visitor Centre