Customer Service and Guidance
- Tel. int. +358 206 39 5270 (tue-fri 10:00-14:00)
- Group tours can be reserved with Kanta-Häme tourist guides (www.kantahameenoppaat.fi).
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the Nature Reserve
Food, Where to Buy and Prepare
Cafés and Restaurants
- In summertime, there is a café, Tornikahvila (www.aulangontornikahvila.fi, in Finnish) at the foot of the scenic lookout tower on Aulangonvuori Hill.
- The kiosk on the shore of Lake Joutsenlampi is open in the summer.
- Hotel Aulanko offers restaurant services in the immediate vicinity of the nature reserve.
At Aulanko Outdoor Recreation Centre, located on the northern side of the area, there is a campfire shelter for hikers, maintained by the town of Hämeenlinna. Lighting campfires is forbidden inside the nature reserve.
- There are no waste-bins in the forest. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area.
- There are waste bins on the parking areas along the ring road.
- Read more about hiking without littering.
- At café Tornikahvila on Aulangonvuori Hill, there is a toilet with a ramp for wheelchair users. It is open when the café is open.
- In Aulanko Nature Reserve it is allowed to stay overnight only in rental house, Aulanko's Puistola (www.evonluonto.fi).
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
Services for the Disabled
- There is an asphalt-surfaced one-way ring road, which goes round the nature reserve. Driving is allowed from 8 am-11 pm on this road. There are five parking areas along the ring road. In addition, taxis with disabled passengers may drive to the front of the café Tornikahvila on Aulangonvuori Hill. The café and its toilet have ramps for wheelchair users.
- The scenic lookout place on Aulangonvuori Hill is accesible by wheelchair.
- You can see 56 different species of trees and shrubs along the nature trail going round Lake Joutsenlampi. The section of the trail which goes round the lake is also accessible by wheelchair.
- There is a good network of trails in the area. Some of the trails are wide sandy tracks in a cood condition, so they are also accessible by wheelchair.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area