Services in Telkkämäki Nature Reserve
Customer Service and Guidance
Opening Hours in 2018
There is a Metsähallitus guide at Telkkämäki 11.6. - 17.8.
In June and August (weeks 24-26 and 31-33) guide is working from Monday to Friday between 10 am - 3 pm.
In July (weeks 27-30) guide is working Wed-Sun from 10 am to 17 pm.
The guide is at the main house at Telkkämäki Heritage Farm from 10 am to 12 noon. At other times the guide can be found close to the farmhouse. The guide's telephone number is: tel. int. +358 400 346 469.
Visiting Telkkämäki Heritage Farm is free-of-charge.
We ask that groups inform the guide of their arrival in advance. Group tours of the nature reserve are available during months other than July as well. For more information contact Koli Nature Centre Ukko.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the Nature Reserve
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the nature reserve
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the nature reserve.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
- Lighting fires is forbidden in the nature reserve.
- The closest shops, kiosks, cafés and restaurants are located in the centre of Kaavi (www.kaavi.fi), which is 8 km from Telkkämäki Nature Reserve.
- There is no drinking water in the area.
- There are no waste bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Each visitor is responsible for the waste that accumulates during his/her stay. You can leave biodegradable waste in the dry toilet. Take all other waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- There is a dry toilet in the immediate vicinity of the parking area.
- Overnight stays within Telkkämäki Nature Reserve are forbidden.
Services for the Disabled
- There are no services for the disabled within the nature reserve and the area's nature trails can not be travelled by wheelchairs or with a baby pram. The grounds of Telkkämäki farm can be crossed by wheelchair if assisted. The grounds are covered by wild grass. All the buildings do not have ramps, but the main farmhouse and barn are completely accessible.