Instructions and Rules in Karkali Strict Nature Reserve
Instructions on Exploring Karkali Strict Nature Reserve
In the Strict Nature Reserve, the following are forbidden:
- Walking outside the marked trails
- Moving other than walking and skiing
- Leaving waste in the area
- Damaging vegetation, soil or rock
- Damaging or disturbing animals
- Hunting, or fishing from the shore
- Picking berries or mushrooms, taking plants, animals or their parts
- Cats, dogs or other pets running at large
- Campfire and camping
- Swimming or landing except at the designated place
- Any activity which changes or disturbs the natural features, the landscape or the environment
Equipment and Safety
112 Emergency Number
If you have an emergency during your trip, such as getting lost, injured or finding a wildfire, call 112. Read more detailed emergency instructions.
Download the 112 Finland application (112.fi) to your phone. When an emergency call is made through the 112 Finland application, the emergency center attendant is automatically informed of the caller's location.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.