Aulanko Nature Reserve Directions and Maps
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
Aulanko Nature Reserve is located in the town of Hämeenlinna, about 4 km away from the town centre. It is easily reached by public transportation, as well as by car.
- The way to Aulanko is signposted from the main road 3 (Helsinki - Tampere) and from the main road 10 (Turku - Lahti).
- There is an asphalt-surfaced one-way ring road, which goes round the nature reserve. Driving is allowed from 8 am to 11 pm on this road. There are five parking areas along the ring road. The parking areas are not maintained during winter.
- The local buses (hameenlinna.fi, in Finnish) no 2 run from the centre of the town of Hämeenlinna to Hotel Aulanko. Next to the hotel begin the stairs leading to the nature reserve.
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Aulanko (journey.fi)
Starting Points for Excursions
- There are five parking areas along the ring road, which goes round the nature reserve. Location of the parking areas and information boards is marked in the map.
- Aulanko brochure map (Pdf-file 0.2 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Excursionmap.fi of Metsähallitus
- National Land Survey of Finland map service (karttapaikka.fi)
- Retkeily GT Etelä-Suomi: GT Outdoor Map Finland South, 1:250 000. Karttakeskus 2019. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Terrain map M413, 1:50 000, 2005. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Basic Map M4131, 1:25 000 Hämeenlinna, 2008. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Maastokartta: Terrain map, no 2131 09, 1:20 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Suunnistuskartta Aulanko: Orienteering map of Aulanko, 2005, 1:10 000. The map can be bought from South Finland District Survey Office.
- Aulangon reittikartta (pdf): Map of Aulanko Trails (pdf). The online map is found here (hameenlinna.fi, in Finnish)