Opening ours in 2018 (www.mikkelinsaaret.fi)
Reservations can be made at phone number +358 044- 975 4229.
There is no entrance fee to the nature station.
Address: Mikkelinsaaret Nature Station, Kummelskär, Mikkelinsaaret, Vöyri, Finland
Tel. int: +358 044 975 4229
The nature station is managed by Andelslaget Kummelskär.
The Mikkelinsaaret Nature Information Station is located in the outer archipelago of the Municipality of Vörå (www.vora.fi), 20 km north of the Köklot fishing harbour. The nature istation can be reached by boat.
- There are marked water routes to the nature station.
- Coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 63° 27.643' lon: 21° 46.347' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7047560 E: 239610.
- The closest harbours which can be reached by car are at Köklot, 20 km from the archipelago by boat. There are boat launch ramps at both of the harbours at Köklot; the fishing harbour and Norrskat at the north end. Norrskat is about 30 km from the town of Vaasa.
- To get to Köklot from the centre of Vaasa, take road 724 (to Raippaluoto). The road to Köklot turns right when coming from Vaasa, just before reaching the Raippaluoto bridge.
By Public Transportation
- There are coaches from Vaasa to Västerö and Raippaluoto. Timetables (www.matkahuolto.fi).
- Numerous coaches (www.matkahuolto.fi) and trains (www.vr.fi) travel to Vaasa from southern Finland each day.
Following enterprises and organisations offer boat rides to the Mikkelinsaaret. They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism (www.metsa.fi) when operating in the national park.
- Andelslaget Kummelskär offer boat rides for 1-5 persons from Norrskat to Mikkelinsaaret ( tel. 044 5272314).
- Saaristotila Varppi (www.netikka.net) tel 044 345 5065 / Mendelin
- Berny's (www.replotbridge.com) tel (06) 352 1200
- Vaasan Saaristoristeily (www.jannensaluuna.com) tel 050 553 1236
- Neptune Service (www.netikka.net) tel. 050-5812920
There are rooms for groups and individual travelers. (www.mickelsorarna.fi)
Staying overnight in own boat at the station's pier free of charge. There is room for about 10 boats.
A reservable sauna, which fits 5 persons at once. Reservation of the sauna can be made by at phone number +358 044- 975 4229 or by contacting personal upon your arrival to Mikkelinsaaret.
From the tower of the nature station there is a beautiful view of the Mikkelinsaaret Archipelago. The colours of the landscape change according to time of day and with each season.
The Mikkelinsaaret Archipelago
The Mikkelinsaaret Archipelago is made up of 300 islands of different sizes. Some of these islands are state-owned while others are privately owned protected areas. There are numerous prehistoric artefacts and sites (www.metsa.fi): the ruins of hunters' camps and harbours, compass roses and labyrinths.
Tourist Services in the Mikkelinsaaret Archipelago.