Oulanka National Park
- Ristikallio cliffs in Oulanka National Park. Photo: Vastavalo / Jari Hindström
- Kitkajoki river. Photo: Hannu Hautala
- Hiker on Jyrävä falls. Photo: Minna Koramo / Parks and Wildlife Finland
- Winter in Oulanka National Park. Photo: Hannu Hautala
- Kiutaköngäs rapids. Photo: Ismo Pekkarinen
- Mystic summer morning in Kitkajoki valley. Photo: Ismo Pekkarinen
- Taivalköngäs rapids. Photo: Hanu Hautala
- Oulanka National Park meadows. Photo: Juho Määttä
- SUP paddling.in Oulankajoki river. Photo: Laura Johansson
- Aapa mires in Oulanka. Photo: Hannu Hautala
In the rugged landscape of the Karhunkierros Trail, you will observe the power of water. The many trail options and hanging bridges of the Oulanka National Park will take you to the most impressive waterfalls in Finland. The jumps of wild brown trout, the dives of European dippers, the unlimited beauty of the aapa mires and the lovely calypso will challenge even the experienced nature photographer.
Nature doesn't recognise any state boundaries: the vast wilderness of the Paanajärvi National Park is to be found on the Russian side of the border.