Sipoonkorpi National Park Directions and Maps
Sipoonkorpi is located within the municipalities of Sipoo, Vantaa and Helsinki about 20 km from the centre of Helsinki.
By Public Transportation
- To Byabäcken River Valley in northern Sipoonkorpi
- Travel along road 1521 (Jokivarrentie, Nikinmäki - Nikkilä). From the bus stop at the intersection of Länsitie road it is 1,5 km walk to the Källängen information board and 2,5 km walk to the starting point of the Byabäcken's nature trail.
- To Hindsby bus 984K runs on school days from Talma and Nikkilä. From Hindsby it is about a 1,4 km walk along Länsitie road to the starting point of Byabäcken's nature trail.
- To Sotunki in southwestern Sipoonkorpi
- From Helsinki bus number 717A goes to Sotunki. From Tikkurila (Vantaa) bus number 711K goes to Sotunki. The bus stop (V9810 Kalkkiuunintie) which is located near to the intersection of Nurmimäentie road and Kalkkiuunintie road, is about 0,5 km from the Kalkinpolttajanpolku trail. The trail will cross the road there.
- To Kuusijärvi in western Sipoonkorpi
- From Helsinki bus number 739 goes near Kuusijärvi. From the bus stop (V9719) there is few hundred meters walk to the Cafe Kuusijärvi.
- Journey planner Reittiopas (reittiopas.hsl.fi) information and timetables on public transportation to Sipoonkorpi
- Byabäcken in the northern part of Sipoonkorpi is located in Hindsby by Länsitie road about 30 km from Helsinki. To get to Byabäcken take Jokivarrentie road (road 1521, Nikinmäki - Nikkilä). You can get onto Jokivarrentie from road 140 (Lahdentie road) or from road 148 (Keravantie). When you get onto Jokivarrentie follow the signs to Hindsby and you will come to Länsitie road. Källängen's small car park is 1,5 km from the intersection. Byabäcken's nature trail's car park is about 2,5 km from this intersection to the right side of the road. You can also get to Byabäcken through Hindsby.
- Kuusijärvi in the western part of Sipoonkorpi is located close to the Lahti highway (road number 4) and Lahdentie road. There are parking spaces for 250 cars at the Kuusijärvi car park. The navigation address is Kuusijärventie 3, Vantaa.
- Sotunki in the southwestern part of Sipoonkorpi is located in Vantaa. When coming from Kehä III (Ring Road 3), take the Hakunila exit and continue north along Hakunilantie road past the sports grounds in Hakunila and then onto Sotungintie road. From there turn left onto Nybyggetintie road. 1,8 km after the previous turn, turn right onto Tasakalliontie road. There is a car park at the beginning of Tasakalliontie road. Please notice! Car parks are FREQUENTLY CROWDED. Parking is only allowed on designated parking spaces. Illegal parking can be fined.
Starting Points for Excursions
Note! New parking area:
Knuters (160 parking spaces) Knutersintie 667, Helsinki
- Car park for 160 cars. Connecting routes towards Kalkinpolttajanpolku trail and Bakunkärr.
Byabäcken (21 parking spaces) Länsitie 237, Sipoo
- Byabäcken's Nature Trail, Ängesböle's fireplace and Bergström's huts reservable fireplace.
Källängen (12 parking spaces) Länsitie 152, Sipoo
- Car park is located 850 m via Länsitie road to the start of the Byabäcken's Nature trail.
Bakunkärr (2 parking spaces, total of 37 cars) Knutersintie 421, Sipoo
- Hiking route to the Fiskträsk.
- Hiking route west towards the Kalkinpolttajanpolku trail and the Kalkkiruukki's fireplace and lean-to-shelter.
Tasakallio / Flatberget (2 parking spaces, total of 53 cars) Tasakalliontie 1, Vantaa -Frequently crowded
- Challenging accessible route (1 km) to the Storträsk and it's accessible fireplace.
- Hiking route to the Kalkinpolttajanpolku trail.
Kuusijärvi / Hanaböle träsk (250 parking spaces) Kuusijärventie 3, Vantaa
- Hiking route from Kuusijärvi to Bisajärvi via Sipoonkorpi bridge was opened in December 2019. Trail markings will be improved during the year 2020.
- Sipoonkorpi brochure map (pdf 853 kb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Excursionmap.fi of Metsähallitus
- Maps of Sipoo (sipoo.fi)
- City of Vantaa website map (kartta.vantaa.fi)
- National Land Survey of Finland map (maanmittauslaitos.fi)
- Retkeily GT Etelä-Suomi: GT Outdoor Map Finland South, 1:250 000. Karttakeskus 2019. Maps are for sale e.g. from Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookshops.
- Sipoonkorpi Sibbo Storskog, water resistant map, 1:20 000, Calazo Förlag 2016.
- Sipoonkorpi waterproof water touring map and guide 1:20 000. Karttakeskus and Joel Ahola 2019.
Map Sales Points
Note! New parking area: Knuters (160 cars) Knutersintie 667, Helsinki
Byabäcken (21 cars)
- Länsitie 237, Sipoo
Källängen (12 cars)
- Länsitie 152, Sipoo
Bakunkärr (2 car parks, total of 37 cars )
- Knutersintie 421, Sipoo
Flatberget / Tasakallio (2 car parks, total of 53 cars )
- Tasakalliontie 1, Vantaa
Cafe Kuusijärvi (250 cars)
- Kuusijärventie 3, Vantaa