Lemmenjoki National Park Directions and Maps
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
Lemmenjoki National Park is located in Finnish Lapland in the area between the Inari-Kittilä Road 955 and Inari-Angeli Road 9553.
By Public Transportation
- There are coach connections to Inari, but not all the way to Lemmenjoki (Njurkulahti). Timetables (matkahuolto.fi).
There are taxi enterpreneurs in the villages of Inari and Njurkulahti (Lemmenjoki).
The nearest airport (finavia.fi) is in Ivalo. From airport there is a trasportation to Inari (kuljetusliikeilmarislant.fi), notice, that you have to make a pre-booking on the previos day.
- The roads run along the northern and the eastern edge of the park.
- By car you can get to the village of Njurkulahti. From Njurkulahti there is also a motor boat service to the open wilderness hut at Lake Ravadasjärvi and to Kultahamina.
- From road 955, turn west to road 9551, which goes to Njurkulahti.
- Also the village of Lisma, in the southern part of the Park, can be reached by car. The road to Lisma turns from road 955.
- Driving directions to Siida.
Starting Points for Excursions
- The parking areas are located in the village of Njurkulahti and at Repojoki in Sallivaara information point along road 955.
- Starting points for trails: Njurkulahti and Sallivaara information points.
- Lemmenjoki brochure map (Pdf-file 3.9 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Excursionmap.fi of Metsähallitus
- The National Land Survey of Finland map service (karttapaikka.fi)
- Lemmenjoki waterproof outdoor map, 1:100 000 / 1:50 000, Karttakeskus 2017. The map is sold by Karttakeskus, Siida - Northern Lapland Nature Centre and Ivalo Customer Service.
- Lemmenjoki geologinen retkeilykartta: Lemmenjoki geological outdoor map, 1:50 000 and Lemmenjoki Guidebook (Opaskirja), Geological Survey of Finland 2002. The map is sold by Siida - Northern Lapland Nature Centre.
- Maastokartat: Terrain maps W431, W433, W434 and V442, 1:50 000, National Land Survey of Finland 2008 - 2009. These maps are sold by Siida - Nothern Lapland Nature Centre, Ivalo Customer Service, Karttakeskus and National Land Survey of Finland.
- Outdoor GT map Northern Finland, 2016, 1:400 000. Map is sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- Lemmenjoki, waterproof map, 1:25 000 and 1:100 000, Calazo Förlag 2016. Map is sold for example by Ivalo Customer Service and Northern Lapland Nature Centre Siida.
Map Sales Points
- Lemmenjoen kylätie 107, 99870 Inari (Drive along this road for roughly 1km and take a left turn to the parking area at the crossroads)
- Kittiläntie 7426, 99870 Inari
More precise parking area addresses are not available.